Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Shakuza

The bathtub in the kid's bathroom is a jacuzzi tub. We hadn't used it all, but the other day while I was running their bath, Simon said "please can we use the shakuza?" I couldn't say no to that because it was just too cute!



On Thursday, Playball was a very small class because Boaz is in New York, Oren and Asher were both sick and Dekel wasn't there either. So it was just Simon and Chaim. Maybe the reason why Playball wasn't working out for Eli was just that his age class was too big. He participated almost the whole time with Simon and Chaim and did just great. He couldn't do everything that they did, but he listened to Dion and tried his best. I was so proud!
Here is video of Eli and Simon jumping in the hula hoops (sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate them, so you'll have to turn your head sideways):

Last week I was asked if I could host a couple of kids from South Africa who were here on a Bnei Akiva trip for Shabbos. I said sure, but explained that I just have an air mattress, so it needs to be 2 people who won't mind sharing a bed. Thursday night the guy in charge of the trip called to confirm and said they were short a couple of families and could I have 2 additional people. I said I was really sorry, but I just didn't have the room. On Friday afternoon, David went to pick up our guests and he came home with THREE boys!!!! It ended up working out fine--2 slept on the air mattress and one slept in Simon's room. I gave Simon a choice of sleeping in my room or Eli's and he picked Eli's without even a moment's thought. I'm curious whether he'll be willing to go back to his own room tonight. The boys were really sweet--they ate with us Friday night and Abby, Jonny and Jake came too. We had a great time and Simon played so nicely with Jake. He calls him "Jakey" and it's very cute.
In the morning, David took the kids to shul and I realized it was time to get out of bed when I heard kiddush being made at shul. So convenient to live next door, I must say! I met them at shul and we went to Simon's friend Ari's house for lunch. I love going to their house because they have 7 kids who are all so nice and friendly and like to take care of my kids. Also because the dad also acts like a kid and I think it's funny. And they are Americans and say things like "pee" instead of "wee." Last week in shul, Tasha's daughter Tamar was wandering around clearly looking like she had to pee. I had seen Tasha going the other way, so I asked Tamar if she had to go to the bathroom. She made a move in that direction so I followed her into the bathroom and said "do you have to pee?" She just looked at me blankly and I couldn't figure out what the problem was and then finally I realized and said "do you need to do a wee?" Once I spoke her language the problem was solved! Sorry for all the potty-talk!

No comments: