Sunday, July 06, 2008

I'm All Out of Love...I'm So Lost Without You...







We just got back from an Air Supply concert in Park Ra'anana. How random? It was GREAT!! I love cheesy 80's music. We were not quite expecting it to be as packed as it was...apparently Israelis also love cheesy 80's music. At one point in the concert, one of the singers invited the people in the first few rows to come closer to the stage. Obviously no one told him anything about Israelis...suddenly there were tons of people getting ON the stage and he had to yell at them to get off the stage so he is up there saying "you can't sit on the stage...get off the stage...I mean it, you have to get off the stage...CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SAY GET OFF THE STAGE IN HEBREW??" It was pretty funny. Afterwards we went to Roll Up for some yummy steak sandwiches with Hayley and Usher. Nothing like a steak sandwich at 1 in the morning. David is driving the babysitter home right now and then going to get gas...I'm praying that he finds an open gas station and that he gets there before running out of gas because not only is the arrow past empty, but the thing that says how far you can go before you run out of gas just says --- and that can't be good!!!
In other news, our apartment is becoming more and more unpacked and settled. Yesterday Simon said to me "I'm going to unpack a few more boxes in the playroom." And then he went into the playroom and literally just dumped out 2 boxes onto the floor. Very helpful, that Simon. He was more helpful today when he brought a box of popsicles outside for him and Eli and they had the following conversation:
Simon: Eli, what color do you want?
Eli: lello (said very definitively, but it should be noted that he doesn't know his colors)
Simon hands him a yellow one and takes an orange one for himself
Eli: no, lello
Simon: I gave you yellow
Eli: NO, LELLO
Yeah, he meant orange, which I am happy to report he takes after his older brother and says "or-nage."
Friday was art class day at the Kirschenbaums. David had bought some canvases and some paints so that we could make our own artwork to hang on our bare walls. David took his painting very seriously and first drew it out on a piece of paper and then in pencil on the canvas and then he painted it. He helped Simon do his too and they both came out very nice. Then after Eli's nap, both boys painted again. They made a huge mess but their pictures are cute and look very nice on the walls!

No comments: