So once again we celebrated the Pilgrims vs. Indians here in the Holy Land where there are no huge sales the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas music is NOT the only thing played on the radio (that is one thing that I most definitely do not miss about the good old US of A. I like a good Christmas song, but not over and over constantly on the radio).
This year, we had a really nice Thanksgiving dinner with Abby and Jonny, Karen and Judah, Lauren and Alan, and Daniella and Joe (the last couple is friends with Abby and Jonny--we never met them before but they are really nice). Abby made the turkey and it was delicious. Everyone made something and all the food was excellent, as was the company. And, it was definitely a good call to have dinner at 8:30 with no kids. The Levines stayed over and somehow their kids and our kids managed to sleep through all the noise for the most part.
Simon was disappointed to not be allowed to have a sleepover in the same room as Ayelet because she wakes up at 5am and we didn't want him to also wake up then. He claimed that she wouldn't wake him, but in the end he had a sleepover with David and me.
On Friday, David had to be in Tel Aviv, and I let the kids skip school (because there shouldn't be school the day after Thanksgiving) and we went to Park Ra'anana with the Levines. I forgot just how long a walk it is to there. Especially pushing the double stroller that needs air in its tires. The park was a lot of fun. Karen and I went on the zip line tire thingy--I wouldn't allow myself to be videotaped though, so no pictures. There is video of Karen, so if she sends it me, I will post it because it is pretty funny!!
After the park, I had to rush to get ready for Shabbos for which I had done no preparations or shopping for that matter. Rather than schlep the kids to the grocery store, I decided to only make stuff that I had in the house. That, combined with the Thanksgiving leftovers, worked out quite well. Jamie Schneider (the sister of Stephanie, my friend and college roommate, who sadly doesn't live with me anymore) and her friend Alison who are here for the year came for Shabbat. I actually went to shul with them Friday night. I love Friday night davening and haven't gone for years so it was so nice. The Hassans came for lunch which was very nice as well. Shabbos was my birthday so David let me sleep late and he took the kids to shul. Then he took Simon back to shul for Mincha and I got another nap too. Naps are the best birthday presents!
No comments:
Post a Comment