Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mischieviousness

I'm not sure how to spell "mischievousness" (spell-check just fixed it for me), but it was the best word I could think of to describe Eli's behavior lately. He is getting into everything...writing on walls (in other people's houses), writing on the floor (luckily that comes off easily with baby wipes), writing on himself and Simon. And all of this from the same kid who walks around saying "only write on paper." There seems to be a disconnect somewhere.
Yesterday, we had the Cohens and the Strimlings over for lunch, which was really fun. The kids were all off playing and we were having a very nice lunch. And then Simon came out and said "Eli and Uri are playing with the butt cream." That was definitely not a good thing. Tali and I went to investigate and found Eli and Uri COVERED from head to toe in diaper cream. Literally covered. Everywhere. It was also all over Eli's bed and the walls and door in his room. Tali said she was pretty sure it was all Uri's idea, and while I normally would not place the blame on another kid knowing my own, there had been 3 tubs of diaper cream sitting on Eli's windowsill for months and he never touched them. So, suspicion lies on Uri, but either way, it was still gross (and kind of funny). Other than that, they played really nicely together and did not fight at all.
Simon also had fun with his friends as evidenced by the huge mess in the playroom.
In other news, Eli is doing really well with his potty-training and that's all I will say about that so that I don't jinx it all!!

No comments: