Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Running Low on Patience

I am running low on patience this evening. It seems that whenever David isn't home, one or both kids refuse to cooperate with me. David had put Eli to bed before he left to play soccer and I was reading to Simon. Then, I hear from Eli's room "Daddy...more milk!" I went to get him more and he got very mad because he said "I was talkin' to Dad. I want Daddy to bring more milk." I explained that he wasn't here, etc etc and eventually he took the milk and was quiet. I went back to Simon and then we heard "Mommy, my tummy hurts!" I said "sorry, hope you feel better" and went back to reading. Then there were footsteps and Eli appeared in Simon's room and looked very put off to see that we were reading books. He hopped into bed with Simon and I said I'd read one more book and then everyone was going to sleep. I finished the book and Simon curled up to go to sleep and Eli said he wanted to sleep in Simon's bed. Simon said "ok, but if you talk even once you have to go out." Eli said "I go to my bed." He went to his bed and then 2 seconds later called "my tummy hurts!" I took him to the bathroom and he pooped so I thought that would help him and he'd go to sleep. He refused to get back in his bed, but agreed to lie on the floor. I left him on the floor with his pillow and blanket. I just heard a bunch of noises from him room and I'm pretty sure he's playing either in his room or the playroom. I have no patience and I will surely yell at him and then he'll cry and it will just be so annoying so I am going to watch tv and eat ice cream and pretend I don't hear anything and hope that he will either go to sleep or David will come home and can deal with him! I guess I won't win mother of the year award today. Can't win them all...there is always tomorrow!

1 comment:

Arica said...

At least you turn to the ice cream...I have a glass of wine!