Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chanukah Vacation: Day One






Let's just pretend I haven't been so bad about posting and just skip ahead to the present time. Basically, the biggest parts that I missed where the kids' Chanukah parties--if you didn't see the pictures on Facebook or get them in email from me and you are just DYING to see them, let me know and I'd be happy to share!
Anyway, today is the first day of Chanukah vacation. Tomorrow should get more exciting with the much anticipated arrival of Auntie Huvi, Alli and Madi. This morning, the boys and I dropped David off at the train because he had meetings in Tel Aviv. Then we needed to figure out something to do. Tali called and suggested going to the indoor play area in Herzliya that has a pretend supermarket, jail, restaurant, etc. I drove by and saw just how crowded it was and called her and said we should have a plan b. We ended up going to G'lil Yam, which is a small kibbutz in Herzliya that has a petting zoo and random animals walking around and different activities to do. We've been there before and while it is very dirty and smells kind of like horse poo, the kids love it.
They had a blast making and eating pita, squeezing their own pamelos, grapefruits and oranges to make juice and feeding various animals. There was also a small park to play in where they spent a long time. We stayed until it was time to pick up David from the train again--it worked out very nicely.
Then I dropped them all off at home and I went to Toys R Us to buy some Chanukah presents since we were scraping the bottom of the barrel last night and we didn't even give them anything on Friday night (I actually thought Chanukah started last night so I was kind of unprepared!!). David took the kids to Roladin to get some sufganiyot (which Eli calls "sufgaDiyot") and sadly they didn't have any caramel-filled ones which are my favorite. That's probably for the better!
Anyway, Happy Chanukah to all!!

No comments: