As I mentioned in my cake saga, Eli is currently learning about citrus fruit. Why this is a topic worthy of a lot of discussion amongst 3 year olds, I have no idea. But he loves talking about "clementina" (that is Hebrew for clementine, in case you couldn't figure that out). They learned a song about squeezing different fruits to make juice. The first words of the song are "s'cheet u'schot...tapuzim eschot" (basically means "squeeze and squeeze, oranges I will squeeze" or something along those lines). There are a lot more words but I haven't a clue what they are and I'm pretty sure Eli doesn't know them either.
This afternoon, we went to play at Abby's house. The plan was that we were going to take the kids to the park to ride bikes, but they seemed happy just playing and that way Abby and I got to play Bananagrams. So we never made it to the park, but just before we went home Simon and Eli picked a whole bunch of clementines from the tree that Abby has in her yard. The whole way home they were talking about how they wanted to "s'cheet u'schot the clementinas." They asked me if we have a "s'cheet u'schotER"...apparently they don't know the word "juicer." I informed them that we don't actually have one and they will have to just use their hands. They were fine with that and had fun doing it!
1 comment:
Hi Emily,
Checked back in on your blog after way too long (and your phone call reminded me to do that). Just have to say that at Silvie's "winter party" two weeks ago, the entire theme was Pri Hadar (citrus fruit). Every. Single. Song. Must be a theme in the ganim this year...everyone must sing about citrus fruit in January!
Hugs,
me
Post a Comment