I was so good about posting for so long. Or at least it seemed like so long but maybe it was only a week. Anyway, I hope to get back into that routine.
We had a fun weekend, beginning with a quiet dinner on Friday night. Shortly before dinner, Eli was asking for milk which we didn't want to give him because then he gets full and doesn't eat any food. He asked David for milk and David said no, so then he asked me and I said no. So then he asked Simon who said ok! David and I were interested to see what was going to happen so we didn't say a word and just watched. Eli already had his cup in his hand, so he handed it to Simon and they both went to the kitchen where Simon discovered that he couldn't reach the milk. He sent Eli to get a chair to stand on. Eli came back with a stack of 4 plastic kids' chairs. Simon said "I can't stand on all of those chairs, Eli, it is very m'sucan (that means dangerous in Hebrew)." He took off one chair and stood on it and reached the milk. Then he very carefully poured it into Eli's cup and put the top on for him. He was SO proud of himself. David and I told him that he proved himself to be responsible and we declared him in charge of Eli for the rest of the night. Simon told Eli he could stay up all night if he wanted. Luckily, Eli takes after me and LOVES going to sleep.
I went to bed at 8:00 and slept until 10:00 the next morning. I love that Simon and Eli get up and entertain themselves on Shabbos mornings. They come in and out of our room a few times, but mostly they keep themselves busy. Of course, when we did get up we found that the living room was totally trashed. We told them that we couldn't go to the park until everything was cleaned up. They actually worked very hard and took all the toys back to the playroom. Of course, now the playroom is a giant mess but at least the living room was decent!
We were way too late for shul, so we went to the park for a little while. The weather was bizarre. It was very overcast and yucky-looking but it was about 80 degrees. We went to the Levys for lunch and had a great time and ate the best brisket that I've ever had. The Nussbaums were there too so Eli was very happy to have Orli to play with. The two of them are so funny together. Debbie said she's sure they are going to get married and live happily ever after saying "you are a pee-pee head" "no YOU are a pee pee head" "no YOU are a pee-pee head" etc etc. That's pretty much how most of their conversations go. But I did hear Eli say to her at one point "Orli, let's go hide ourselves!" and then they ran off into the bushes.
We stayed at their house for most of the afternoon and then walked home in time to go to the Tu-B'Shvat Seudah Shlishit at shul. The kids were really whiny on the way home so we threatened them with going home instead of to the thing at shul and that actually shut them up. We went and they were very well behaved. Eli had to go pee at one point, so I took him to the bathroom and then he saw that a lot of kids were playing in the miklat so he wanted to go in there too. Only he didn't actually want to play...he wanted to look at a siddur and find all the alephs. After he got bored of the siddur, he took out a giant volume of gemara and set to work finding all the alephs. It was very cute. Simon's friend Tamar joined him and they were sitting together studying each page. It actually looked like they were really learning gemara.
Today was the first Sunday in a long time that David had to go to work for the whole day. Which meant I had to actually do the Sunday afternoon pick-up from gan which includes picking up Eli and Orli and then bringing them to Gan Daphna where Orli gets returned to her mother and then picking up Simon and Chaim and driving Chaim home. It actually doesn't sound all that complicated but for some reason it always takes forever and involves me always carrying about 100 million backpacks and sweatshirts and art projects and trying to cross the street without any kid getting run over or running away. I like it better when David has that job.
In the afternoon, we had planned to go to Park Herzliya with Abby and Jonny and their kids. We were getting ready to go and Eli was running into my room for something when he tripped, flipped over in the air and landed on his head on the hard floor. He cried (screamed) immediately which I knew was a good sign, but it had to have really hurt because he fell really hard. I picked him up and he was crying and crying. Simon got him a cup of water and a bag of frozen veggies to put on his head which was so sweet. I got nervous because once he stopped crying, he basically fell asleep on my shoulder. I made him stand up so he wouldn't fall asleep but he kept falling down and saying he couldn't stand. I called Abby and asked her to come over to tell me if she thought he had a concussion--not that she's a doctor but her dad is. By the time she got here, he was playing with Simon and seemed to be fine. We went to the park and he fell asleep in the car but then was fine when we got there. So hopefully he doesn't actually have a concussion!!
No comments:
Post a Comment