January: Oops, I kind of forgot to post about the rest of Chanuka.
February: Eli and I had this conversation in the car on the way to gan this morning: Me: [i asked him a question but I don't actually remember what it was]
Eli: Lo. (no, in Hebrew)
Me: Lamah lo? (why no?)
Eli: (in singsong-y voice) lamah ken? (why yes?)
March: After my last post about the beautiful weather, of course it started to pour.
April: On Friday we decided to take advantage of the kids not having school and us not having work and actually going and doing something fun all together.
May: I'm not sure if this really counts as a milestone, but last night Simon had his first friend sleep-over without the parents also there!
June: I really need a new computer.
July: Today might have been the hottest day of the year so far.
August: I have so much catching up to do...but I'm not going to do it now because I'm exhausted from being a stay-at-home mom this week since the kids don't have any camp.
September: Last weekend, David and I went up north to a small spa hotel in the Galil.
October: As long as jet-lag has me awake at 3:30 in the morning, I might as well try to catch up on the blog.
November: Slowly but surely I will finish the re-cap of our trip.
December: Let's just pretend I haven't been so bad about posting and just skip ahead to the present time.
There you have it. Welcome to 2010. We had a really fun New Year's Eve. After much discussion and back and forth and babysitting-finding difficulties we finally ended up going out to dinner at a place in Herzliya called Mifgash Ha-Steak.
Hayley and Usher called as we were finishing the second round of dinner to say that they wanted to come meet us--none of us wanted to spend another second in the restaurant so we told them to meet us at the marina and we'd see if there would be fireworks or anything there at midnight. It was already 11:45 so of course by the time we actually got out of the restaurant and out of the parking garage, we were all in our cars at midnight and it was kind of anti-climactic. We went to the marina (where there hadn't even been any fireworks--lame!!) and just went to a bar for a quick drink and then went home since we all knew that none of our kids were going to care how late we had been out the night before!
That didn't matter for me and Abby though...Jonny was in England and her kids were sleeping at her parents and she didn't want to sleep alone in her house so we had a sleep-over party. She had to get up around 8:30 when her mom brought Emily back, but I slept until 9:30 when David brought us breakfast which was really nice!
All in all, a good start to the New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment