





On Friday we celebrated Simon's birthday at school. Ducky and I brought cake for his class. Simon wore a birthday crown and was very excited to have so much attention. It is also his teacher Megan's birthday so there was cake for her too. Simon was happy to share his celebration with her. When we got home, the mailman was just leaving our house and Simon was still wearing his crown. Simon said "Hi Mailman, what are you doing?" The mailman said "I am delivering your mail. Is today your birthday? Happy birthday!" Simon said "thanks, it is Megan's birthday too."
Last night by some miracle we got the kids to bed by 8pm and then David and I ate a nice Shabbos dinner by ourselves. Simon didn't insist on David lying down in bed with him for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately, Eli woke up screaming twice during the night. The first time, we hadn't gone to sleep yet so I ran in to get him and he went back to sleep without waking up Simon. The second time was at 3am and the monitor volume was turned down very low so I didn't even wake up at all and by the time David woke up, Simon had woken up too. When David went in, Simon was lying in bed with his hands over his ears and he told David that Eli had been crying for a long time. David took Eli out and gave him a bottle but then Eli was wide awake and talking to himself when David put him back. David felt so bad for Simon that he offered him a special treat to come sleep upstairs with us. Simon was happy with that plan and then everyone slept until 7:30.
David and Simon went to shul while Eli and I napped. Simon woke me up when they got home and we ate lunch and then Eli woke up. Then David and Simon went to take a nap and I took Eli for a walk and then we played until the Galpers and Jen and Charles came over. Apparently Elan had been having a huge temper tantrum and the only thing that got him to stop was the promise of going to Simon's house! We felt very honored and he and Simon had fun racing up and down the hallway. Poor Eli just had to watch. I think he can't wait until he is big enough to play too.
Simon was a really big helper today--he helped set the table and then he saw the food that I was preparing on the counter and he said "are we going to eat this corn for lunch?" I said yes, so he brought it to the table and then came back and said "are we going to eat this salad for lunch?" and again I said yes and he brought it to the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment