




Simon is not taking that well to Eli sleeping in his room. When it's time for them to go to sleep either at night or for naps, Simon cries and says "I can't sleep...I don't feel good...I ate too much candy." I believed him last night because he had actually eaten quite a bit of candy, but when he did it again at nap time today when he had not had any candy, I realized that it is his way of saying that he resents Eli invading his space. I had put them in for their naps and 5 minutes later heard Simon crying, so I went in and picked him up and he was so sad so I asked him if he wanted me to take Eli out but he said no. I just held him until Eli stopped talking to himself and then I told Simon that Eli was sleeping so now he should go to sleep too. He said "let me check if his eyes are closed" so we went over to the crib and saw that Eli was in fact asleep (having rolled himself up in a blanket like a burrito) and then he agreed to go to sleep too. They both slept for 2 hours so I think it's just going to be a little bit of an adjustment but ultimately the sharing a room will work out.
After their naps, Simon asked to play the Caillou game on the computer. There's a game on pbskids.org that involves Caillou and building train tracks. You have to move pieces of the track to the right place using the mouse. Simon was totally able to do it himself, which completely amazed and surprised me. He has great hand-eye coordination. We have one of those annoying lap-top touchpad mouses so this was even more impressive than if he was using a regular one.
In the bath, Simon wanted to play with the Thomas shaving cream and "razor" that Savti and Zaide Bear sent him. He had a great time with it and so did Eli, who mostly just ate it.
I also got some video of Eli whispering his favorite sound "dada" over and over again. Today he also started a new sound that he likes to repeat--"tttttttttttt" and sometimes it sounds like he's saying "hoT" with major emphasis on the T. You might have to turn up the volume to hear because he really was whispering.
No comments:
Post a Comment