








Simon had a fantastic time at his birthday party on Sunday and he got lots of great presents. Eli had fun at the party too. The party was at The Little Gym (I highly recommend having a party there or a similar place--they took care of everything other than the food and it was really fun) and while the really nice guy who was leading the party tried to get the kids to play games and do stuff with him, he eventually gave up and just gave them lots of free time to run around and play with all the things. At one point while he was still trying to get them to all sit in a circle, one kid from Simon's class started to crawl away. Next thing I knew, there was a whole line of them crawling away. I think only the kids not from the JCC were left sitting in the circle. It was really cute to see how Simon interacts with his friends from school since I never get to see him with them.
Today, Simon wore underwear to school for the first time (he absolutely refused yesterday and we were running so late in the morning that I didn't have time to fight with him). I was SO proud and surprised when I picked him up and he was still wearing the same clothes and his underwear. Aida told me that he peed on the toilet at school! He didn't have any accidents the entire day today and twice he told me that he had to go and then he went. We almost had a disaster at the post office. I thought we were going to take a quick trip to the post office to mail something and to apply for a passport for Eli. First we had to wait in line for 15 minutes to mail something. Simon found a friend and the two of them were running wild in the post office and being very cute and no one seemed to care so I just let him be wild. Then we had to wait in line for another 30 minutes for the passport. Suddenly Simon said to me "I need to go pee in the toilet." I asked and was told that there was no public bathroom in the post office and I should go to Dunkin Donuts. That would have involved leaving and crossing Beacon Street and the T-tracks, which would have meant losing our place in line and taking forever b/c Simon would want to stop and see the trains. Simon was running around again, so I decided to just ignore his comment and hope that he would either hold it in or have an accident and I'd deal with it. A few minutes later, the really nice postal worker came over to me and said she had asked the manager and I could use the bathroom if I wanted. I asked Simon if he had to go and he said "not anymore." I guess the urge had just passed because I checked and he hadn't had an accident. When we finally got home, he ran for the bathroom--again, I was so proud of him!
This is all good progress which must continue because I found out today that the children's programming at the hotel for Passover is only for toilet-trained kids.
Since we got home from the post office so late, Eli went to take a nap and Simon relaxed and watched tv instead of a nap. Then we played with some more of his birthday presents, including an interesting version of Twister. He was really funny playing that--he definitely understood how to play but if I told him to do something impossible he would say "I can't reach!"
Eli ate almost an entire 1/2 an avacado for dinner tonight. That was his first non-jarred baby food and he LOVED it. There was a little bit left in the bowl and Simon was totally engrossed in the tv so David took a spoonful of the avacado and put it in Simon's mouth which he willingly opened. He made the funniest face I have ever seen--it went from a look of shock to disgust to shock again and he spit out the avacado. I taught him to say "that was a dirty trick."
After their baths, Simon and Eli were playing in their room and Simon was counting out loud. All of a sudden he said "achat, shtayim, shalosh, quatro, cinco, seis" (how do you spell that?)
No comments:
Post a Comment