Monday, March 26, 2007

Go, Diego, Go!









Simon had a really fun birthday today...right up until the very end of the day (more about that later). The boys woke up really early-I guess, I should say Eli woke up very early and then woke up Simon. David got up with them at 6 and then went back to bed at 6:45 and I got up since it was really my turn anyway. We ate breakfast and watched some tv and then I left Simon at the table and Eli in the high chair while I woke up David and gathered all our stuff together to get ready to go see Diego Live. Apparently Eli really needed a nap because at some point I came back into the kitchen and he was sound asleep in his highchair.
We went to Ducky and Papu's house to meet up with Sarah, Jon and Joshua who had driven in last night. We left Eli with Ducky and Papu walked with us to the Opera House (because he didn't trust any of us to find it without getting lost...it should be noted that David started to lead us in the wrong direction on the way back and I was the one who pointed it out and got us in the right direction!). Joshua and Simon LOVED the show (the grown-ups liked it too). I took Simon to the bathroom during intermission and he said "we need to go very quickly so that I don't miss the show!"
After the show, we went back to Ducky and Papu's and had lunch and then Lisa Seidel came over to take family pictures. I'll post the link when she sends it to me. She was great and has SO much patience, which was greatly needed since Simon, Joshua and Eli were not completely cooperative. We bribed them with the promise of cake (not for Eli) and they actually were pretty good considering that they would have rather been running around instead of taking pictures. Eli was also exhausted because he hadn't napped other than the 10 minutes that he slept in his highchair this morning. Towards the end of the picture-taking, Eli just put his head down on David and fell asleep.
We had birthday cake and sang happy birthday to Simon yet again. Then, after Lisa left, we left the boys with Ducky and Papu took Sarah, Jon, David and me to see their house. It looks like a big mess right now, but it's going to be really nice when it is finished. We picked up Chinese food for dinner and went to rescue Ducky from the crazy boys. Simon and Joshua ran around a lot outside and had fun playing together. Eli enjoyed watching, as usual. He also ate banana for the first time and loved it.
We didn't get home until after 7, at which point Simon had 2 presents to open. He got a Thomas helmet and elbow and knee pads from Savti and Zaidie Bear. He loves them and insisted on putting them on immediately. It was a good thing he was wearing the helmet when he walked right into a drawer that David had left open. He bounced back, rubbing his head and said to David "why did you leave that drawer open???"
His other present was a big monster truck and 2 computer games from Uncle Andy and Maeve. He was very excited about these too and he was chasing the truck up and down the hallway. He looked very cute in his helmet and elbow and knee pads! All this was great fun, until disaster struck...he tripped on something in the hallway and fell on his face and got a big gash in his cheek. David took him to Children's where they have been for the past 3 hours. They are still waiting to be seen by a doctor, but Simon is being a very good sport and is in a great mood. Poor guy--he cried when it happened and then was ok and then was VERY upset when we told him that he had to go to the hospital. Hopefully they'll come home soon. Now he will have 2 scars on his face--hopefully this one will heal as well as the one in the middle of his forehead from his run-in with a plastic menorah a couple of years ago!

1 comment:

Arica said...

What happened at the ER? Is Simon ok??? I was waiting for an update and all I got was pictures(which are great by the way)!