I'm not even going to attempt to catch up on the last week since I can't really remember everything that has happened! Simon is doing better on the room-sharing, but still not great. I also thought maybe he was making a toilet-training breakthrough on Sunday when he asked to wear underwear. We went together to buy some and we made a chart that we can put stickers on and when we fill it up he will get a new train (he told me this is just like the good manners chart they have at school, but when they fill that up they get an ice cream party instead of a train). He wore underwear all day on Sunday and had 4 accidents and never actually went on the potty. One accident happened while he was taking a nap because he really wanted to keep his underwear on. David told him to come out of his bed if he had to go...a couple of hours later Simon was crying and said to David "I forgot to listen to you and I forgot to tell you that I had to go." He hasn't been interested in underwear since then. I tried to get him to wear it again today but he threw a huge fit. I think he just isn't ready yet.
Today was a teacher training day so Simon didn't have school. We had a very lazy morning while Eli was napping and then we met Hilary and Zachary for lunch. I asked Simon if he wanted to play with Zachary today. He said "Zachary from school?" I said that wasn't who I meant, but if he wanted to play with him I would call his mom. He said "no, I want to play with the other Zachary." They don't see each other that often, but Simon and Zachy get along very well. They ate their pizza and french fries so nicely and then we went to the park where they chased each other around and had a great time. It was so great to be outside finally--it was such a beautiful day. Eli had fun too going on the swings and just watching everything that was going on.
When we got home, Eli went right for a nap and Simon stayed up for a little while so that Eli would fall asleep and be quiet. Simon asked me to lie down with him for a few minutes, so I did. He really didn't want me to leave, but when I told him that I was just going to go to the bathroom and then do a few other things and then I'd come back, he said ok. I felt bad lying to him, but I didn't go back because I didn't hear any noise coming from his room and I figured he had fallen asleep. Eli woke up at 4 and I ran in to get him and surprisingly Simon stayed sound asleep. Eli and I played for a while-he is really into banging 2 toys together and seeing how much noise he can make-and then we woke up Simon at 5:30. We went out on the porch to wait for David but came back inside quickly because it had gotten much colder out.
Eli was very cute in the tub tonight--as soon as I put him in his seat, he immediately reached out his hand and started splashing in the water and laughing.
After David left for basketball, Simon was calling for him so I went in to his room and Simon said "I was asking for Dad." I said that he's not here, so Simon asked me to stay with him. I lwas about to lie down with him and he said "I think you have to shut the door first. We sleep with the door closed here." I stayed for a few minutes and then told him I was going. He got upset so I said I'd come back in a few minutes. He said ok and then said "how long is in a few minutes?" Hopefully he fell asleep and didn't notice that I didn't come back. I'm going to go back in soon so that I can tell him in the morning that I did come back and he was already sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment