




On Thursday morning I went on a fun shopping expedition all by myself. I wanted to go to DSW to get some shoes, but I couldn't find it. I did pass a Century 21 so I went there instead and had some luck there. I don't think I realized how much I missed good shopping in Israel. In the afternoon, we went to Mama's house to play with Mama and Judy for a little while. Eli is the first of Mama's great-grandsons to not be freaked out and scared of her. Luckily Simon seems to have outgrown that stage too.
When we got back to Sarah's, Ma'ayan was here for dinner and Simon and Joshua gave her a tour of the city that David had drawn on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. It was a very cool city--it had everything from the beach to Target to Ikea to office buildings to school. Joshua pointed out that there was no space station, so we added that.
On Friday, we went to Riverdale and Simon and Eli played with Dani and Ellie Minkove while David had a personal training session with Ilana who totally kicked his butt! We all went out for pizza and then we headed back to Teaneck. We stopped at the Goldins' to say hi to them and then we came back to Sarah's to get ready for Yom Kippur.
Joshua's old babysitter from Riverdale, Nanda, came to babysit for Kol Nidre and the whole day today, which was so great. The kids all had a great time with her. Simon went to shul with David after the break and sat through most of mincha but then he started to get restless right at the beginning of Neilah and he wouldn't go to the groups so I ended up just taking him home. All 3 boys were very hyper and were making a huge mess of Joshua's room. Eli kept getting trampled, but he was just happy to be included, I think.
After the fast, we all had some snacks while we waited for Sarah, Jon and David to come home from shul. Joshua had apple juice in a cup and Simon had finished his and asked for more. Joshua said "give me your cup and I'll pour some of mine into it." Simon said "Joshua, you are full of good ideas!" Later, when we were all getting ready to go to Uncle Andy and Maeve's for the break fast, Simon and Joshua were downstairs by themselves. I went downstairs and found them sitting together on the rocking chair--Simon had his arm around Joshua who was showing Simon how to use something. It was so cute.
Even though it was so late, the kids were all well-behaved at Uncle Andy and Maeve's. Alexandra and Melina (my twin) were there too so they all had fun playing together. Simon especially loved the shirt that Maeve got him that says "peek-a" on one side and "boo" on the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment