





We survived our long trip and arrived relatively unscathed in Florida on Friday morning. Simon fell asleep in the car on the way to the airport Thursday night and actually did not wake up until after we had been flying for 5 hours. Thank god for the racial profiling that happens in Israel that allowed security to not make me take my sleeping kid out of the stroller to go through security. I'm glad I don't look like a terrorist. Eli didn't go to sleep until after we took off and then he slept for about 6 hours. Unfortunately, once Eli woke up there were still about 7 more hours to go of the flight and he was not a happy camper for most of that time. Simon entertained himself with the games on our personal tv sets. We arrived in Atlanta at 5:30am and then had a few hours to kill before our connection to Florida. Eli spent the time charming everyone in the waiting area.
We finally got to Florida and made it to the hotel where we were greeted by Ducky and Papu. Simon immediately fell asleep and slept until around 5:30pm. Eli and I also napped in the afternoon. Only David was smart enough to stay up so he seems to be the least jet-lagged. We had a really nice Shabbos with Granny and Grandpa, Uncle Alan and Kathy, Lynne, Mack and Ethan. Sarah, Jon and Joshua came in late last night for the birthday party today. The party was great and a fun time was had by all. Simon and Joshua even let Mack play with their toys.
In the late afternoon, while Eli napped and David watched football, Simon and I went to Target! I don't know which one of us was more excited, but as we pulled into the parking lot, Simon yelled "there it is! There is Target!" I think I would have been just as happy to just walk around and not buy anything, but of course we bought lots of things, many of which we probably don't need as is usually my custom at Target. We should have bought some new DVD's for Simon because it seems that we lost our entire selection of DVDs that we brought with us.
My eyes are closing so I'm going to sleep and hopefully I'll be able to sleep past 5am this time.
1 comment:
Why no pictures of Target??? Glad you survived the last leg of the trip!
Post a Comment