Sunday, September 30, 2007

Old Friends, Shopping, Sukkot





Once again, I have some catching up to do...On Monday, Eli had a doctor's appointment in the morning. Dr. Roth said that we really shouldn't call him "melon head" anymore because his head is only in the 75th percentile for size. He weighs 21.5 pounds and is 29 inches tall (or short). Simon didn't go to the doctor, but he did weigh himself on the baggage thingy at the airport and he weighs 31.5 pounds fully clothed and with shoes on and holding a full sippy cup of apple juice.
Anyway, on Monday afternoon we had a reunion with Andrew and Julian and Abby at Julian's house. Simon was shy at first, but then he and Anrew and Julian got right back into their old habits of beating each other up. It was all in good fun and there was hardly any real fighting or crying. They all played in the bouncy castle and had a blast until it deflated on them! The kids ate dinner there and Simon really didn't want to leave when it was time to go.
On Tuesday, Simon and I went for a nice shopping walk down Newbury Street. He really wanted to go to a toy store, but was very patient while I went in to lots of stores on a quest for sweaters because for some reason I didn't pack any and I figured I might need some in Toronto. I forget what we did on Tuesday afternoon, but Tuesday night the Hoffman-Sages stopped by for a couple of minutes to say hi and bye and we got to see Shiraz who is so super cute!!
On Wednesday morning, it was up bright and early to head to the airport for yet another plane ride, this time to Toronto. It was a small plane with 2 seats on one side and 1 on the other. Simon really wanted to sit by himself, so he sat in the 1 seat in row 10 and David, Eli and and I were in row 9. Simon was VERY proud of himself. He asked the stewardess for some apple juice without ice and a snack and he sat and ate and drank very nicely and only spilled a little bit. Eli slept the whole time which was a nice change from his usual airplane behavior.
In the afternoon, Auntie Mashie took Simon and me to Uncle Ezra's store and Simon sampled some yummy treats. Then he went to play with Bailey at her house for a little while. Over Yom Tov, we ate all the night meals at TK's and the day meals at Savti's. It was a lot of food and we were very lucky with the weather so we were able to eat very comfortably in the sukkah. The kids are having fun playing all together although Simon and Annie are a bad and mischevious combination. Mia ran "camp" for the 3 little ones this afternoon and kept them all occupied for a long time. Simon can't keep everyone's names straight. Last night he and David were talking and Simon said "my cousins are very loud, but one of them is quieter." David asked him which one and he said "I don't know her name...the blonde one."
Today I went to take a nap after lunch and woke up at 6 to find that David and the boys weren't here. They had gone to the park and to TK's and didn't come back until 7:30. They had baths and Eli went to sleep and Simon is watching tv in his room (he's so excited that he gets to sleep in a room with a tv in it!).
Pictures are taking forever to upload so I will add them later...

No comments: