Thursday, September 20, 2007

Imagine That!







Yesterday David went to the City for something work-related (or so he said--I think he just wanted a day in NY to himself) and Simon and I hung out at Sarah's while Eli napped. Then we ate a quick lunch and went to Target to buy a new camera (finally, I can zoom again!) and then we went to Huvi's house. Simon and Ezra played very nicely all afternoon. I think they only had one fight the whole time. They spent a lot of time throwing big trucks down the basement stairs, but as long as they were occupying themselves, we didn't really care what they were doing. We ate dinner there and then bathed the kids there so that they could go straight to bed when we got back to New Jersey.
I put them right to bed and thought Simon was asleep. Apparently, he got up and went to Sarah's room and stood outside her bathroom door (she was in the bathroom) and said "I need to pee, ok?" She let him in and he peed and went back to bed. Sarah keeps telling me that I need to make him go to the bathroom before he goes to bed so he won't get up to pee and I keep telling her that he never gets up in the night at home...so far, he's gotten up almost every night here and somehow I never actually hear him! So maybe he really does get up at home too.
This morning, Simon and I left David and Eli at home and we went to a place called Imagine That! which is a discovery museum about 45 minutes away in Florham Park. A school day is a great time to go to a place like that--there were only 2 other kids in the whole place!! Simon had a great time--there was a real car, fire truck and airplane to go in as well as a fake grocery store and lots of other fun things. We decided to get snacks before we left. Simon picked out cotton candy in a bag. I thought he knew what it was, but as soon as I opened it he looked at it and said "what the heck is that?" Then he tasted it and looked even more confused! After a few bites, he said "let's switch snacks, will that be a good idea?"
When we got back, I gave Simon some noodles for lunch with a fork. He looked at it and said "first of all, it's not fair...I need a spoon." He didn't have a "second of all." David left for another meeting and the boys played here for a little bit and then we went to the Diamonds to see their new house and go out for pizza for dinner. Simon and Bari had a happy reunion although I'm not sure they remember their sleepover a year or so ago. I know Simon liked her because he wanted to go in their car to the pizza place.
When we got back, Joshua came out to greet us and the boys all played outside with the 3 cars that Simon got at Imagine That this morning. Eli took the one that Joshua wanted and Joshua said "drop it Eli, drop it" just like he was talking to a dog. Eli ignored him but then was willing to trade.
After Simon's bath, he put on an eye mask and wrapped his blanket on him like a cape and said "me and BrrrBrrr are superheros now and we are going to rescue someone." I asked him if he was ready to go to bed and he said "no, I am ready for some action!" He settled for helping me make Eli's bottle. Then he told me that he was going to put his cape and his eye mask "at the super hero station."
Eli has been practicing his walking by pushing a chair. Earlier today, he pushed the chair over to the stove, stood on it and started turning the knobs. This kid is trouble.

No comments: