Monday, September 17, 2007

Shana Tova-Happy New Year!







I guess I have a little bit of catching up to do. On Tuesday morning, we stopped at Savti and Zaide's house to say to them on our way to the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. Our flight was delayed an hour after we already got on the plane and were sitting on the runway. I was sitting with Simon and he was happy to watch tv and David had to deal with Eli and his crankiness. He eventually fell asleep and basically slept for the whole flight. Huvi picked us up at the airport with Ezra. Ezra and Simon had a very happy reunion. The kids all played really nicely. Coby let Ezra and Simon "play" with his Game Cube. You can't really tell in the picture, but the control that Simon is using are not actually attached to anything.
On Wednesday we headed to Teaneck for Rosh Hashana. We were almost there when suddenly Simon piped up from the backseat "but where are Huvi and Ezra and Coby and Alli?" He was sad that they weren't coming with us, but he cheered up when he saw Joshua. We had a very nice Rosh Hashana at Sarah and Jon's and we ate way too much. Eli is now very good at standing up on his own, but he still doesn't take any steps. His little accident falling down a flight of stairs didn't seem to do any permanent damage, but I have never heard David scream like a woman nor have I ever seen Mama run so fast as when Eli fell down the stairs! He was scared more than anything and he recovered quickly.
Yesterday we spent the day at a really nice zoo and park with the Milsteins and the Kareshes. It was so nice to see them all and the kids had fun together. Last night, all the boys stayed home and Sarah and Ducky and I went to see a broadway show. We saw The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It was pretty funny and I recommend it.
Today we didn't do much--just hung out and ran some errands. Tonight David and I are going out with friends for David's birthday to make up for this birthday celebration that didn't happen in Israel.
Joshua had his first soccer practice yesterday and when he got home, he showed off what he learned:

No comments: