Sunday, October 28, 2007

Is it really almost November??





I will preface this by saying that there is nothing like Fall in New England and I certainly miss the changing leaves and the crisp fall air and wearing a jacket for the first time, etc. But, the weather here has been unbelievable lately. The perfect temperature and sunny all the time--hard to believe that it is the end of October because the kids are still wearing shorts every day! Supposedly the rainy season will start soon, but in the meantime, I am loving this.
Anyway, on Thursday Simon was very excited to go to Playball. We picked up his friend Chaim on the way and they had a whole conversation in the car about what they were going to do at Playball. Boaz is in the class too and another friend of theirs from gan, Oren, was there to try it out also so the 4 of them had a great time together. Those 4 and 2 other boys in gan are all around the same age and play together a lot. Most of the girls in gan are a little bit younger--Simon prefers to play with boys so I'm glad it worked out for him that the boys are his age. They also all speak English which is another good thing for him. Eli really wishes that he could be in the Playball class as well. I kept him occupied with Bamba and some cars as best as I could, but he ended up playing a few of the games with the rest of the kids. Someone else's little sister was doing the same thing and Dion (the teacher) didn't seem to mind so I guess it was ok.
On Friday morning Marcia called that she couldn't come because she had had dental surgery the day before and had some complications so she wasn't supposed to walk around too much. David had made plans to go biking with Judah who unfortunately was already almost here when David called to tell him that he couldn't go because he had to watch Eli. They went out for breakfast instead of biking and I took Simon to gan and then went to school.
David went early to pick up Simon because they were doing a little show and presenting the self-portraits that they had made. (Just a word of explanation about Simon's self-portrait--he's not wearing earrings, those are his ears! And his pants are meant to be army pants like the ones that Joshua has). I hate missing things like that, but David took some pictures and reported that Simon knows the hokey-pokey in Hebrew. On the way home, World War 3 almost erupted because both boys were eating lollipops and Eli dropped his and then tried to steal Simon's!
Friday night, Ben and Limor came for dinner. Simon did not use the opportunity to show off his Hebrew with a real Israeli! Eli went to bed before the main course and Simon kept saying that he wasn't tired but then he lay down on the floor and went to sleep. I tried to wake him for dessert which was cake that he had made with me but he wouldn't wake up. Eventually David put him in his bed. At some point in the night, Simon came into our bed. I vaguely remember hearing a conversation between him and David about chocolate milk and how if he wanted some he had to go get it himself and then go back to his own bed. Eli woke up at 5:30 and wanted to play. I played with him for a little bit and then put him back to bed at 6:30 and went back to sleep. David and the boys got up at 8 and I slept later until David and Simon went to shul.
Eli and I met them at shul at the end and then we went to Simon's friend Yishai's house for lunch. We had a great time there and met some new people who we hadn't met yet who were all really nice and fun. We stopped at the park on the way home and then came home and gave the kids dinner and baths. Simon and I were looking out the window to see if we could see 3 stars (he knows that 3 stars means Shabbos is over). Simon only saw 2 and kept telling me that he couldn't see the 3rd one that I was trying to point out to him. Finally I said "trust me, it's there." He said "trust ME, it's not there." He also explained to me that his English name is Simon and he has 2 Hebrew names, Shimon and Si-MOAN.
Eli went to bed at 6pm because he was so tired! He slept straight until 6:30 this morning--I guess I can't blame him for waking up so early considering what time he went to bed.

No comments: