Monday, October 15, 2007

L'at L'at

Simon has been very funny lately and has been amazing me with the things that come out of his mouth. Here are a few choice examples:
1. He was sitting on the toilet and he was looking around the bathroom (or toilet room as it actually is) and said to me "look at that green towel. Why does it have green hair?" I laughed and said that the fuzzy towel did look like green hair. He pulled at a long string hanging from it and said "I'm shortening this hair." I said "oh, you are giving the towel a haircut." He said "yeah, but it's not going to get a lollipop afterwards because it's just a towel not a boy."
2. Yesterday he came home from school with a little bag with a book in it. Frieda is giving them each a book to take home for a week and read at home and then bring it back and exchange for another. Simon and I read the book together (it happens to be a book that he has a DVD of in Hebrew so it was familiar to him) and then I was putting it back in the bag and he said "Mommy, you have to put it back l'at l'at." I asked him if he knew what that meant and he said "it means slowly slowly."
3. Today, Simon was playing with my yoga mat and he said "oh, I have a good idea. I will roll it from this end and you roll it from the other end and it will be a torah." We rolled it up and then he said "now I will pick it up and put it on the table and then I will open it to the right place and read the words." He did that and then he said "now we need to roll it back up and I will walk around with it so everyone can kiss it." He did that and then he handed it to me and said "and now you take it to the girls' side." I asked him why and he said "because the boys sit on one side and the girls sit on the other."
Frieda asked me today if I could send Simon to school with a kippah--I wish her luck getting him to wear it, but I'm happy to send it. She must think we are so not religious because he is the only kid who doesn't wear one.
In Eli news, this morning he was pulling himself up using the standing fan in his room. I said "oh Eli, while you are there, can you turn off the fan?" He looked at me for a second and then he pressed the button to turn it off! Simon and I clapped for him and he was very proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I assume the fan has no place for Eli's fingers, or do I have to tell Mama on You???