Saturday, October 13, 2007

Week in Review




Wednesday saw the return of Marcia. Simon was SO excited to see her. As soon as she rang the bell, he ran to the door yelling "Marcia...Marcia...Marcia...she's here!!!!" Eli had less of an excited reaction--he sort of looked at her like he knew that he knew her but couldn't remember from where, but he warmed up to her quickly and they were all having a great time when I left for my first day of school.
Thursday was pretty quiet. Simon and I were doing something in the living room and then realized that we weren't sure what Eli was doing. We went to find him and he was sitting in the tupperware drawer in the kitchen throwing all of the tupperwares out onto the floor. When he went to take a nap, Simon and I baked a cake. It was supposed to be apricot nectar cake, but we made peach instead and we think it came out very good! Simon was great at mixing in all the ingredients.
David came home for work a little bit earlier than usual so we all went to La Trattoria for dinner. It seems that when kids misbehave there, they give out toys. This was the second time that we had that experience there. The time that I took the kids there with Tali and her boys, the kids all behaved excellently and they weren't given any toys. I don't think this is a good lesson to teach, but the boys were happy with their toys.
On Friday when I got home from school, I met David and Marcia and the boys at Coffee and Friends where they were just finishing lunch. Eli was so happy to see me which he expressed by shrieking at the top of his lungs and pointing at me. We all ate a quick dinner together last night and then played a little and put the kids to bed by 7:30.
Last night was the first night since we've been home that the kids slept through the night completely without needing us to go into their room at all at any point. David got up with them when they woke up in the morning and they all hung out and I slept until 10:30. We went to Boaz's house for lunch and a fun time was had by all, except Simon through a huge fit on the way there because he didn't want to walk and we only brought the single stroller.
We got home around 3:30 and David went to take a nap. I tried to get Eli to nap, but he just screamed for 20 minutes so I gave up. Simon and Eli played fairly well together and then we made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. Then I bathed the kids and then Shabbos was over so we woke up David and then he put Eli to bed. Then David and Simon went out to pick up food from Burgers Bar for dinner for David and me. Unfortunately, Burgers Bar wasn't taking orders until 7:30 so they are still not back yet. Hopefully they'll get back soon because I am starving!

No comments: