Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Fun in Toronto
























































Once again, a brief catch up (I guess that is the new theme of my blog)...I forget when I last posted, but I think it was before we went to the carnival so I'll start there. On Sunday morning, Mashie and I took Simon, Eli, Bailey, Mia and Annie to a carnival at the shul. It was pretty lame with only a few rides but the kids had fun. Simon was a little bit of a wuss and didn't want to go on any of the fast rides. He liked the merry-go-round that had cars on it. I wanted Eli to go on too, but in order for him to go I had to go also--I thought I was going to throw up, but Eli had a good time!

In the afternoon, the kids vegged in front of the tv and Mashie and I watched Grey's Anatomy that I had downloaded. I'm glad we were here for premiere week!! Sunday evening we all had a bbq for dinner at Mashie's. Simon taught Annie and Bailey how to play super friends. I guess he got sick of playing their girly games, although he suddenly likes to play house and at one point he asked me to play house with him and he said "you be the mommy and I will be the daddy and we have a boy and a baby and we are going on the plane." We got on the plane and the boy sat way in front of us and then Simon said "the boy is sitting by himself and I will hold the baby and you go to sleep because that's what you do on the plane and the Dad is in charge of the kids." I like that deal!!

On Monday, we were going to go apple picking, but then decided to wait until Tuesday and my cousin Adeena came over with her kids Shmuli and CC. They are really cute and Simon had fun playing with Shmuli in the park, even though Shmuli mostly wanted to just pour sand on Simon.

We ended up not going apple picking yesterday because it was raining, so instead we took all the kids to an indoor playground. They all had fun and I got a few good pictures before my camera had an unfortunate accident at the hands of Mashie and Eli. Yes, that would be my brand new camera that now only takes fuzzy pictures. At least this time I bought the service plan so I can get a new one for free...too bad there is no Target in Canada and we are leaving on Sunday, but eventually I will get my new free camera. In the meantime, I guess it will be back to using my old camera that doesn't zoom.

Yesterday afternoon, I took Emme to the mall. We had a great time and we each bought some shoes at Old Navy for $7. She also convinced me to buy her 2 teeny-bopper magazines. She's very grown-up all of a sudden.

This morning I went with my mother-in-law and TK to get our hair done--I got mine cut short again and I really like it. Too bad I can't post a picture here.

Oh, I almost forgot the biggest news...Eli took a few steps!! He was going back and forth from me to TK and he was taking 3-4 steps at a time. He was VERY proud of himself!



1 comment:

Arica said...

The camera is broken already????