Simon gave me the highest complement last night. He was playing Hot Wheels games online with David and he told David that I am much better at the games than he is! Not that David and I are competitive or anything, but I love it when Simon takes my side:) In fairness, I guess I have a lot more practice than David has because I can't resist it when Simon says to me "do you want to play a Hot Wheels game or somekin?"
Anyway, we had a lovely Shabbos. We went to Kate and Simon's for dinner on Friday night. Between their 4 kids, our 2 kids and the other couple that was there's 4 kids, the kids outnumbered the adults and it was a little bit chaotic. But a fun time was had by all. Abby, Jonny and Jake came for lunch and stayed for several rounds of Rummikub. I attribute my losing to the fact that Simon was on my team, which (as you may recall from previous posts) means he announces which pieces I have. When it was our turn, if there was something we could put down, I would show him the piece to put down and ask him if he knew where to put it and most of the time he could figure it out.
After Shabbos, we put Eli to bed and then David and Simon did Simon's homework. He had an outline of his body on a big piece of paper that we had to personalize and give it a face, hair, clothes, etc. It came out cute. Simon said that he wanted an Israel flag and an America flag on his shirt because "I am from America but now I live in Israel." He actually asked for a Boston flag too, but David didn't know what that was supposed to look like. David nixed the Red Sox logo idea...someone is bitter about the Cubs...
Yesterday we found out that sports class is being changed to Thursday, so since we didn't have it yesterday, after Eli's nap, we went to Simon's friend Chaim's house. Simon had a great time--he and Chaim ran off to play in the playroom and only surfaced to have some snacks. Eli sat himself down at the little table after Simon and Chaim got up and he finished all their leftovers. He had fun torturing Chaim's little sister Yiskah.
We got home at the same time as David and then I left to go to Jerusalem to have dinner with a bunch of people from my high school class. It was a schlep to get there, but it was really fun to see everyone.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment