The past few days have been fairly routine. Simon started a new activity on Tuesday afternoon-it's specifically for newly arrived kids to teach them Hebrew. There are only 4 kids in the class and I'm not sure exactly what they do but the woman who runs it is really nice and Simon had fun and I think the personalized attention there will help him learn Hebrew quicker. It also gives me some private time with Eli who never gets my full attention. Eli and I went to the park where he directed me to put him in the swing and then take him out and get him a drink from the water fountain (he loves water fountains) and then go back to the swing and then back to the water fountain etc. about 100 times.
Tuesday night Marcia came to babysit and David and I went out to dinner with Judah and Karen at a great restaurant in Jaffa. Before we left, Eli decided to bring out his walking skills again! He walked back and forth from me to Simon to Marcia to David a few times. When he fell down, he would pick himself back up. He's a little bit unsteady, but he's definitely improving.
Yesterday, after picking up the kids, we took a quick trip to Ikea because I wanted to look at a bed for my room. David doesn't want to get one, but I'm really getting sick of sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Also, I need an "under the bed" to keep things like suitcases! We didn't buy one, but I found one that I like that is less than $200 so maybe I will go back and get it if I can convince David. For some reason, Eli screamed his head off for almost the entire drive home. Finally Simon said to me "can you please make him stop that??" Then Simon turned to Eli and said "Eli, please stop crying now." Would you believe it if I said that Eli stopped?? I told Simon he should have told Eli to stop about 20 minutes earlier!
Today after school/daycare we went out for felafel with Tali, Boaz and Uri. The felafel place is on Ahuza, which is the main street that runs through the middle of Ra'anana. It has tables outside on the sidewalk and there is a row of planters with some bushes growing along the edge separating the restaurant from the sidewalk. Simon and Boaz both peed in those bushes and no one even looked twice or yelled at us for letting our kids pee essentially in the middle of a restaurant. Gotta love Israel! I drew the line though when Simon announced "I need to make a doody. NOW. I can't wait." I took him to Super-Pharm where they were nice enough to let him use the employees bathroom.
When we got home, Simon found a lollipop in the playroom and asked if he could have it. I suggested to him that he wait a few minutes until I put Eli for a nap before eating it or else Eli would want it. Simon said he would take it to the other room so Eli didn't see. Of course, Simon came back and Eli saw and really wanted it. Simon offered him a lick and Eli grabbed it and didn't want to give it back. Simon let him keep it for a few minutes and then this is what happened:
In the end, I had to take it away from Eli and he was REALLY mad. I gave him a bottle instead which made him happy and he went for his nap very easily.
1 comment:
You DO know that Simon is definitely going to whip it out and pee in public when he returns to America, right? That'll be a special moment!
My friend's son got out of the JCC pool and peed in front of everyone, and it was a big hit. At least he didn't pee INTO the pool from the side!
Post a Comment