This weekend was the first one that I can remember that we had no plans at all, so we didn't actually plan for any food. David was pretty sick all week and I had finals and school and then Thursday night we had David's cousin Nachi's bar mitzvah. David was too sick to go, so I went by myself and Arica was my date. I probably could have gotten away with not going, but Shlock Rock was performing, so really, the drive to Chashmonaim by myself was totally worth it! Also, there was lots of American candy--Hershey Bars and real M&M's--so there was no question that I was glad I went!
Luckily David was well enough on Friday morning to do some shopping and cooking while I was at school or we would have starved. We ate a quick dinner Friday night where we learned that Eli knows how to say "ketchup." For some reason, Eli took forever to fall asleep and we didn't want Simon to go to his bed until Eli stopped making noise and was asleep. Poor Simon fell asleep on the couch waiting! He went to bed eventually and Eli slept until 8 and Simon until 8:30. I got up with them and gave them breakfast and played and then we woke up David at 9 and we all went to shul and actually got there before it was over. We were even on time for the children's service, so I took the kids to that.
After shul, we came home and David and I took turns napping and then Eli took a nap too and I took Simon to the park to meet up with Boaz. There were lots of people in the park and Simon had fun playing with all of his friends. David and Eli eventually showed up as well and we stayed until Shabbos was almost over and it started to get really cold. Before we went to the park, Simon said to me "I don't like Shabbat." I asked him why and he said "because I can't do anything or watch a movie and I don't like it. Why does it have to be Shabbat so much?" We had a big talk about how Hashem created so many things and got so tired that he needed to rest just like when Simon plays so much that he gets tired and needs a rest too. He actually liked that explanation.
Simon got in big trouble last night because while David was running their bath, Eli fell into the tub head first fully clothed with his head underwater and his legs sticking straight up. Simon basically pointed and laughed. I wasn't in the room and David did admit that Eli did look pretty funny, but he yelled at Simon for laughing at Eli instead of trying to help him. Don't worry, David rescued Eli before he yelled at Simon! Eli seemed to find the whole thing fairly amusing as well. He likes to put his face in the water, which is odd because he was terrified of the swimming pool in Eilat.
Depending on how long this takes, here are the rest of the videos from Simon's party:
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment