This morning, Eli got a ride to school with Meirav because I left at the crack of dawn to go to Jerusalem (more on that later). This evening, Lauren was asking Meirav about her day and she said this:
"The best part of my day was riding in the car to gan with Eli."
Then she said this:
"Today in gan Eli had a nazelet and everyone was saying to him 'Eli you have a nazelet.' And Eli was saying 'lo, ani lo nazelet, lo nazelet.' And everyone was saying 'yesh nazelet, yesh.' And then Eli took his finger and took the nazelet from his nose...and put it...on Shira!"
I found out last night at 10pm while at Tasha's birthday party that the public schools were having some sort of strike and that Simon's gan wasn't going to be starting until 10am this morning. On any other day that wouldn't be such a big deal, but today I was leaving at 6am. Abby offered for David to just walk Simon to her house on his way (or slightly out of his way, but whatever) to work and then she would drive him to gan at 10. That's what ended up happening and Simon was so excited to go because he wanted to play with a car that Jake had gotten at his party yesterday. Abby texted me after she took him to gan that he was excellent and even gave her a kiss goodbye when she dropped him off!
I had a very nice day. I left at 6:15, anticipating a lot of traffic because the Pope is here and causing lots of road closures. I was parked in front of the shul where the bris was at 7:20 and that included stopping for gas. I've never made it to Jerusalem in such good time!! The bris was really nice and the baby is really cute.
I had a couple of work meetings after that I had scheduled as long as I was going to be in the area and then I was on my way home when I passed a supermarket called SuperDeal that I remembered hearing had lots of American products for cheap. I decided to stop and I had a field day in that place!! They had Popcorn Indiana Kettle Corn which is my absolute favorite!!!!! I bought 4 bags (and ate one in the car on my way home). I also stocked up on shop rite brand tomato soup so that I can make gazpacho...it was 1 shekel cheaper per can than it is in Meatland. I also bought Manwich for David.
I was on my way home again, finally, and then David called and suggested I stop at KFC as long as I was in Jerusalem and get that for dinner. I couldn't pass that up, so I did that and then finally went home.
We brought the KFC over to the Nussbaums with the kids to eat with David and the girls because Debbie and the baby flew to England this afternoon because Debbie's grandfather passed away. The kids all had fun together and the KFC was so good even if it was cold and not quite so crispy anymore!!
1 comment:
Meatland sounds like a store I want to go to!
Post a Comment