The weather continues to be beautiful and we continue to spend as much time as we can outside because we know that sooner or later, the heat of the summer will come! It was already so hot at this time last year--I wonder if this extended spring means it will be a mild summer or if the heat will be extra hot and humid?
Anyway, yesterday Simon had a dentist appointment in the afternoon. We walked over to the dentist's office with Eli saying the whole way "we going to the dentist. Where is the dentist?" Eli and I stayed in the waiting room while Simon went to get his teeth cleaned, which took all of about 6 minutes. When I was paying (for a very expensive 6 minutes), Eli looked up at the receptionist, opened his mouth into a big teeth-bearing grin and then said "look, my teeth are very clean."
After the dentist, we met Tali and the boys in the park. David ended up meeting us there and we stayed until dinner time and then came home for dinner and baths. I was supposed to be watching the kids in the tub but i was a little slow in getting in to the bathroom so when I got there, there was soapy water all over the floor. I demanded "what happened in here?" and Eli immediatly piped up with "Simon did it all." Simon looked completely shocked that Eli would tell such a flat out lie!
Last night our car got picked up to go get fixed. It has been making a horrible sound for the past couple of months. The guy who came to get it said it was a very bad noise and we maybe should have had it taken care of sooner. The car is back now all fixed, but I still have no idea what had been wrong with it. The guy told David on the phone, but David had no idea what he was saying. I need to look at the bill with a dictionary because I'm curious what the problem was.
Anyway, that left me without a car today. And I also don't have my single stroller since it is (hopefully) getting its handle replaced. So I walked Eli to gan in the double. And then I walked all the way back across town to Abby's for our workout and then I walked home, stopping for a couple of errands with the huge empty stroller. A garbage man stopped his truck to say to me "I stopped because I wanted to see the kids in your stroller, but there are no kids there!" A little weird that he would stop his truck to look at kids in a stroller, but whatever.
We had to be chauffered everywhere since I didn't have a car, so Deborah and Dalia picked up Simon and me for swimming (I just went along for the ride because I like watching his lesson). Simon has improved tremendously. Simon and Dalia were given medals (that were made of chocolate) at the end of the lesson because they are doing such a good job.
We came home and I switched kids with Marcia. Abby and Jake came to pick up Eli and me for music class. It's been an exhausting day!
No comments:
Post a Comment