


A few months ago, Simon was looking through a cookbook and he folded over the pages of things he wanted to make. A few times since then, he has asked to look at the cookbook and he reminds me of the things he wants to make. When Huvi was here, I made the felafel-crusted chicken that he requested as well as a napoleon cake. They were both good, so I guess he has good taste.
Anyway, today after the kids ate lunch, I asked them if they wanted some strawberries. They both said yes and I went into the kitchen to wash and cut them. Simon followed me in and said "hey...there are strawberries in that thing that I wanted to make from the cookbook." I knew immediately what recipe he was talking about and I was about to give him some excuse why we couldn't make them, but I couldn't come up with one fast enough. Instead, I pulled out the cookbook and found the page with the pretty picture of the crepes with strawberries and whipped cream inside. I realized that it actually looked really easy to make and that we had all the ingredients. So much to Simon's surprise, I agreed that we could make them. Eventually Eli came in to see what we were doing and the 2 of them were marginally helpful in making the crepes. They were mostly interested in mixing the batter and having fights with their spoons.
After the crepes themselves were finished, we sat down at the table with a bowl of whipped cream, some strawberries and some chocolate chips and I gave each of us 1 crepe to fill and eat. Eli just ate plain strawberries because he decided he didn't like crepes. Simon and I filled ours with cream, strawberries and chocolate chips and they were delicious. Simon had a second one that he filled with chocolate spread too--yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment