Thursday, November 15, 2007

Car-less in Ra'anana

I've been without a car for two days and I now realize how utterly dependent I am on it! It was picked up Tuesday night to go to Jerusalem for its inspection and was supposed to come back last night. My friend Tamara from school was nice enough to drive me to and from school yesterday and it looks like I'm going to have to ask her to drive me tomorrow too, because it is unclear exactly when we are getting our car back. The place offered to rent us a car, but we would have had to go to Netanya to get it (they did also offer to pay for our cab to get there) and it just didn't seem worth it. So yesterday and today, I walked Simon to school and David walked Eli and then we each picked up our respective kid at 1 and met back at home. There are benefits to David working around the corner from our house!
Walking Simon to school is a big ordeal because he likes to stop and look at and talk about everything and he likes to walk on every possible wall that he can even the ones that are covered with lots of bushes and leaves. Today, we were almost there when Simon said he really had to pee. We found some bushes and he peed--I'm no expert on how boys are supposed to pee, but I really think he could win a contest for distance. I've never seen anything like that before! I think I should be proud.
When I picked Simon up, he informed me that "Hashem doesn't want it to rain yet." I guess that explains why the weather has been so beautiful. But, we need to be careful about keeping the windows open because this morning Eli threw his beloved bear out the window and then seemed shocked, but not all that upset, that it was gone. David took Eli and Simon on a field trip to go get it.
This afternoon we are going on a very long walk to sports class and then David and I are going to a games night for young couples at shul--should be fun!

No comments: