On Thursday afternoon, we went to Oren's house for a playdate. Simon was very excited to go there but mostly because for some reason he really wanted to show Oren's mommy the boo-boo on his knee. She was appropriately sympathetic and Simon had fun playing with Oren. Eli found a little broom so he was happy too. He has a future as a janitor I think. When we got home, I noticed that there was a dustpan on the ground in the parking lot, which happens to be directly underneath our living room window. I said to Simon "that looks like our dustpan, do you think it's ours?" Simon said "oh yeah, Eli threw it out the window." Eli has developed a bad habit of throwing things out the window, but usually I see him do it so I know what I have to look for when I go out, but I never saw him throw the dustpan out!!
Michelle came to babysit Thursday night and Simon was happy about that because she could read him his Hebrew book and tell him what all the words mean in English. I sometimes have to make things up when I don't know the words and he doesn't like that. David and I went out for dinner in Tel Aviv with Abby and Jonny. We had a great time--so great that the people at the table behind us wanted to move to a different table because apparently we were too loud.
Friday right after Shabbos started, it started to rain. And by rain, I mean monsoon. The streets flood pretty quickly because for some odd reason there are no drains in the streets. Luckily it didn't rain for that long and it had stopped by the time we left to go to Britt and Benjamin's for dinner. Simon wore his rain boots anyway because he was so excited to finally have the chance to wear them. Simon loved playing with Mili and Eli was in a horrible mood and kvetched most of the time but did eat a gigantic bowl of chicken soup. He also almost fell off the couch headfirst and Britt's 7 year old son made a great save and caught him! We were home from dinner and everyone was in bed by 9:30. I'm not exactly sure what happened after that, but all I know is that Eli was up and crying about a million times and at some point Simon came and slept in my bed and at some other point he peed in my bed. He hasn't had an accident at night in months but of course it had to happen in my bed and not his!! (I know Sarah is thinking right now that I should have made him pee before he went to bed...)
Despite the eventful night, both kids were ready to get up at 7:30. I got up with them and David slept more. Simon is so funny now when he plays with his Hot Wheels cars because he acts out the Hot Wheels movies that he likes to watch, so I hear him saying things like "Dr. Tesla, the humans are going to beat the droids" and "we need to save Pork Chop." And once I heard him say "oh yeah, THAT's what I'm talkin' about!"
At 9 we woke up David with the intention of him and Simon going to shul, but I ended up going back to sleep and Eli wouldn't nap so I convinced David to stay home so that I could sleep more. I was woken up by Simon coming into my room and saying "look Mommy, I have a compass so I won't get lost. If I get lost, I will just follow the N for north."
We finally managed to get our acts together and get out of the house and we went to Deborah and Michael's for lunch. Debbie and David were there too and another couple whose names I don't remember. Eli slept in his stroller for a little bit and then woke up in another horrible mood. Every single thing that I did made him cry hysterically. David would get him to calm down and then inevitably I would look at him the wrong way and he'd start up again. Simon played so well with Dalia that when it was time to go home, he really wanted to stay. We had to leave because Eliav was coming over, but Simon stayed for his very first playdate without me or David (I guess he used to have that kind of playdate with Sophia, but I don't think it counts since we were right downstairs).
David, Eli and I went home and Eli went right to sleep. Eliav came to hang out for a little while and just as he was leaving, Simon came home with the Nussbaums. Simon and Maya had a dinner date at Simon's little table and then suddenly Maya announced that she needed to poo (by the way, it is the cutest thing ever when a little tiny girl with a British accent says that she needs to poo). Unfortunately, she said it a little too late...this was somewhat amusing because it was the second time it had happened today. The first time was at the Dicksons' so she could borrow underwear (or knickers as she calls them) from Dalia, but here she was stuck with little-boy briefs. We ended up just throwing all the kids in the tub which they all enjoyed except for Eli--he must be teething or something because he is so unhappy. Maya and Orli are very girly-girls so it was so funny and cute to see them wearing Simon and Eli's pajamas! By this point Shabbos was well-over so we were able to take some pictures.
1 comment:
Why is eli so sad? Perhaps he ins't into group bathing...
Post a Comment