On Thursday after sports class, Simon said to me "I really don't want to go home. Can we please go to a restaurant for dinner?" He asked so nicely that I didn't want to say no. I called David to see if he was leaving work anytime soon and he said he would meet us at La Trattoria. Simon and Eli sat very nicely in their chairs looking at the menu and deciding what they wanted and we had a nice dinner. I love going there because we sit outside and the waitresses always make a big fuss over the kids. Another thing to add to my "only in Israel" list--I think in America I would feel uncomfortable with a waitress coming over to my baby and talking to him and then giving him a big kiss! Here, it just seems normal. Not sure why that is!
Friday night we went to the Nussbaums' for dinner. Simon and Maya had a great time together until she accidentally hit him with a shoe. He cried because it hurt and then she just collapsed on the floor hysterically crying because she felt so terrible that she hurt him. I told him he should tell her that it's ok and he said "but it's not ok because she hit me."
We went to Hayley and Usher's for lunch on Shabbos--they live in the building next door to us so it was very convenient. There were some other people there too so Simon and Eli had new friends to play with. After lunch, we came home and we all napped until Shabbos was over. Since Simon napped he stayed up very late Saturday night. We were sitting on the couch and I was telling him that I love him more than ice cream and chocolate, etc. A few minutes later, we were playing with cars and Simon was drinking a cup of water. He said "oh, I got a good one...do you love me more than water??"
On Sunday, we had to wake up early because I had to take Simon to gan right at 7:30 because I had to be in Cesaeria at 8:30 for an activity for school. It was one of those outdoor team-building type things--it was actually pretty fun. The highlight of the day was swinging on a rope like Tarzan--I was terrified, but I did it! I told Simon about it when I got home and he thought it was funny.
Marcia had picked up Simon and David had picked up Eli in the middle of the day so Marcia was with them when I got home. She told me that Eli didn't nap so he was basically a disaster for the rest of the day and I put him to bed at 6:30pm. Simon and Eli ate dinner together at their little table. Eli was obviously very proud of himself for sitting like a big boy. He did throw the contents of his plate on the floor when he was done, so he has some work in the manners department.
No comments:
Post a Comment