Friday, April 27, 2007

Best Buds




This morning I woke up to the sound through the monitor of Simon and Eli both laughing hysterically and then Simon saying "Dad...Daaaaad...come here Dad." David was in the shower so I went downstairs to get them. I walked into their room and both of them were in the crib having a great time. They find each other very funny. Simon took one look at me and said "we didn't call you. We want Dad." Eli looked happy to see me at least! We went to the kitchen and Simon got us all bowls for cereal and spoons. He took his chair over to the cabinet, stood up on it, opened the cabinet and took out the bowls all by himself. I was impressed that he didn't break anything or fall off the chair.
David left for work early, so once I got everyone dressed and ready we headed to school. Simon and I had a big fight because he was sitting in the drivers seat "and running some errands" while I was getting Eli in the car. Apparently he was not done when I tried to make him get into his carseat. He threw a huge fit, but I didn't have time to deal with it so I just picked him up and forced him into his seat telling him that only big boys can drive and big boys don't cry over silly things. He eventually stopped crying but sat and pouted the whole way to school and wouldn't talk to me the whole time.
He seemed to have forgotten about this fight by the time I picked him up and he invited me to play with a submarine with him in the water table. As we were leaving, Max told me "Leora hurt myself." And then Simon told me that Leora hurt him too and he showed me where she scratched him. He said it was an accident though and that it didn't hurt anymore.
Simon directed me the whole way to Yaya's house to pick up Eli. He was actually pretty good with the directions--he doesn't get that from me. He was so excited when we got there and he said "am I going to stay here now and play with my friends and my toys?" He really loves it there. They were all outside, so he and Felix ran around pushing the cars just like they used to do and having a great time. Then they played inside for a few minutes before we left.
We got home and the kids ate dinner and had a bath and then played together in Eli's crib until David came home. I think it's time to lower Eli's mattress because when he pulls himself up and holds on to the side, it's probably just a matter of time before he goes over the edge. It will probably make it harder for Simon to climb in if it's lower which might also be a good thing.
David played with Simon while I put Eli to bed. When I came out of their room, Simon was drinking chocolate milk out of the water bottle that came with his bike. Something tells me that is going to be a huge pain to wash.
Oh, I almost forgot...when I was getting Simon ready for the bath, I noticed that there was a little bit of poop in his underwear. I asked him if he made a doody at school today and he said yes, so I asked who wiped him and he said "I did it myself." I told him that sometimes it's hard to reach it all and he should ask a teacher to help him and I showed him what was left in his underwear. He looked shocked and said "I'm sorry, I just had to hurry to lunch."

No comments: