It FINALLY stopped raining and being freezing cold on Friday so we got to spend time outside. We were supposed to play with Andrew on Friday, but Hillary was sick so they canceled. Instead, we went to the Krams' where Simon had a great time playing in their backyard which is basically like their own private park. The yard is actually across the street (it's a little tiny Lane that they live on) from the house and kids kept running back and forth. I told Simon that he has to stop and look both ways just in case a car is coming. He told me "I don't have to look because I have special shoes that warn the cars." We played there all morning and had lunch there and then we went to Whole Foods to pick up some food to cook for Shabbos and then went home. Shira called while we were at Whole Foods still and asked me to pick up some garlic for her. We had been about to check out, so we went back to the produce section and everything that we passed on the way Simon picked up and said "is this garlic?" We finally got to the garlic and I said "this is garlic" and he said "no it isn't." That kid never believes anything I say.
When we got home, Eli took a nap and Simon lay on the couch and watched tv. I thought he was going to fall asleep, but he didn't. He vegged out enough that I was able to finish all my cooking before Eli woke up. Then we went outside to play on the front porch for a little while. Simon wanted to go to the backyard but I told him no because the grass was wet. Then he wanted to go check and see how wet it was and threw a huge fit when I said no. He was crying and crying and saying "but why?" and when he'd ask why he would turn both his hands up in a very cute gesture. Finally I felt bad for him so I gathered up Eli and we went to the backyard and found that the grass wasn't actually wet at all. We played outside for a little while longer and then went in to eat dinner. The kids were bathed and asleep just as Shabbos was starting.
Charles and Jen came for dinner and a short-lived game of Trivial Pursuit because we are all stupid except for Charles who knows everything.
This morning, David took Simon to shul and I went back to sleep while Eli was napping. Unfortunately for me, I decided to first read all of People magazine before going to sleep so by the time I fell asleep it was already almost 11 and he woke up at 11:30. We were all ready to go when David and Simon got home from shul so we headed to the Galpers' for lunch. Simon had fun playing with Elan's toys even though Elan really wanted to come to our house. They also did a lot of jumping on Shira and Dave's bed.
After lunch, we went to the park. David played basketball, and Simon played on all the climbing structures and slides and then we went to watch basketball. There were lots of people there (apparently it's the place to be on Shabbos afternoon--we are just usually too lazy to walk all the way to Coolidge Corner instead of taking a nap). Simon mooched snacks from everyone because I hadn't brought him anything. We stayed at the park until after 6 and then came home, gave the kids dinner and baths and put them to bed before Shabbos was over.
I think I took some pictures on Thursday and Friday but the camera is dead so I can't transfer them right now.
Brace Face
6 years ago
1 comment:
You should know that Charles has memorized all the Trivial Pursuit answers so he always wins.
Post a Comment