Since I haven't posted in so long, I'll never remember everything that has happened. I for sure don't remember anything that happened before Passover. We went down to Florida last Monday and went to the Boca Raton Resort and Hotel with my family for the first days and chol hamoed and then went to David's parents' house for the last days. The weather was amazing almost the whole time and we had a lot of fun.
Simon and Joshua stayed up for both seders and were very entertaining. Simon was running around the room and he noticed that he could see his shadow on the wall so he started yelling "my shadow, my shadow is chasing me!" Joshua did a great job singing the Ma Nishtana with his perfect sephardic accent. Simon had no idea what was going on and didn't even attempt to steal the afikomen. Maybe next year.
At one point, Simon was showing Judy a fake bug and she said "don't show me that, I'm scared of bugs!" Simon responded with "I'm scared of the dark."
We tried to get Simon and Joshua to go to camp and they went the first day but then refused to go anymore the rest of the time. It was ok because it was fun to spend time with them, but I guess they were the camp counselors' favorites because they kept trying to convince us to send them. We had one of the counselors babysit a couple of times at night so that we could go to the activities, and partake in the yummy tea-room food that included fondue and other chocolate goodness.
Joshua got to camp after Simon on the first day and when Sarah dropped him off, the counselor asked him what his name is. He told her and she said "I love the name Joshua" and Simon piped up with "and I love Joshua!"
We mostly sat out by the pool and went swimming and ate lots and lots of food. We went to the beach one day and to Granny and Grandpa's where Simon and Joshua played golf and shuffleboard like true retirees living in Florida. All the men rented a boat one afternoon and no one went overboard much to Mama's surprise.
Simon was really sad to say goodbye to Joshua, but he was happy to see his other 7 cousins when we got to Savti and Zaidie's house. He and Eli were both really overwhelmed at first, but they adjusted quickly. Simon and Ezra were mostly inseperable except for when they got into a fight and Simon ran away and slammed the door in Ezra's face because Ezra wanted him to wear shoes that weren't his size. They made up quickly. Coby was really nice to Simon and read him lots of books and took him up to the top of the jungle-gym so that they could watch the trucks filling in the lake in the former trailer-park that is becoming luxury homes.
Eli made a good impression on everyone with his smiles and friendly personality (except when Mia came near him because he still doesn't like her). Emme took care of Eli most of the time and Bailey wanted to take him home with her.
I'm sure that lots of funny things happened and were said given all the funny kids that were there, but I can't think of any of them right now except for this one:
Yesterday, most of the kids were napping and Huvi was desperately trying to get Ezra to nap. She put him to bed in the library and he kept coming up with excuses--first he said "i'm not tired today" then he needed a drink then he spilled the drink and then finally he was quiet for a few minutes. All of a sudden we hear "it's burning hot in this lifeberry" and the door opens and Ezra appears shirtless repeating "it's so hot in that lifeberry, I can't sleep!" So cute!
We made it home uneventfully. There was almost some excitement when I was waiting in the car service with Simon and Eli while David and the driver went to get the bags and suddenly Simon said "I need to make a pee-pee on the toilet now!" I asked him if he could hold it in and he said no. Then I asked him if I gave him one of Eli's diapers if he would pee in it. He considered that for a moment and then laughed and said "no, silly. That won't fit me!" I called David and he sent the driver back with one bag that had come out already and he stayed with Eli while I took Simon to the bathroom so the potential crisis was averted!
When we got home, the kids ate lunch and then Eli napped for only an hour and Simon napped for over 3 hours. Then we played, ate dinner and now the kids are in bed and I have so much to unpack...
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment