

I totally forgot to write about Simon's new bike! Mama wanted to get him a bike for his birthday, so David finally took him to buy it on Sunday. She said to get all the bells and whistles, so David let Simon pick out all the accessories that he wanted for the bike. The bike itself is a Hot Wheels bike, which is Simon's newest obsession. He picked out things that light up on the wheels, a horn, a light and something else that makes a whole lot of noise. It also came with a little water bottle that is very cute. Simon helped David put the bike together--a project that took way longer than the "assembles in a few minutes" that it said on the box. The slight problem with the bike is that it's just a little bit too big for Simon, so he can't actually pedal it. It's also been raining since he got it so he hasn't been able to try out riding it outside. Instead, he pushes it all over the house. He likes for it to go everywhere with him--to the kitchen when it's time to eat, to the bathroom when it's time for a bath, etc.
We had a much better day today than yesterday. Eli was feeling much better and was in a significantly better mood. In the morning, Jessica came over with Isabella and Abby and Annie came with Joshy. The kids all had fun together making a huge mess of my house and when it was time for the Krams to leave, Simon said to Abby "bye, Addy" and she said "I am not Addy, it is ABBY." Annie and Joshy stayed a little bit longer and Annie was telling me that Joshy wanted to go out for pizza for lunch. Of course as soon as Simon heard that he really wanted to go too. It was so gross out and I really didn't want to go out, but Simon really wanted to go so we went. Luckily there was no one else in the pizza place because Simon refused to sit at the table and after he ate his 3 bites of pizza he ran around the whole place like a psycho. Then he ran up to Joshy and gave him a big hug and a gigantic kiss on the lips. Joshy looked shocked--it was pretty funny.
After pizza, we stopped at Town Hall because I needed to get a copy of our marriage certificate for our visa for Israel (have I mentioned on the blog that we are going to Israel for a year? Am I shocking any readers here?). I thought this would take about 5 minutes, but first they couldn't find it and then when they finally found it, I couldn't believe my eyes when the person in the town clerk office sat down at a TYPEWRITER and started typing in all the info to give me a certified copy of the certificate. A typewriter--how old school is that?! While she was typing, Simon announced that he needed to make a doody. I told him he had to hold it in and he actually said ok and waited until we got home.
When we got home, Simon stalled for a long time about taking a nap but finally went to bed around 2:45, 15 minutes after Eli did. I was happy to have some time to myself to start cleaning up the disaster that was my house, but at 3:30 Eli started screaming at the top of his lungs. I ran to get him before he woke up Simon and then played with him for a little while and did some cleaning.
We woke up Simon at 5:30 and he helped me make dinner. He also made his own "soup" which was really just water in a pot. He very carefully ladled it from the pot into a glass and drank it, all without spilling a drop.
1 comment:
Hey, was that your apostile that the old school clerk was typing???
Post a Comment