



Simon got to go back to his youth (because he's very old now, he tells me all the time that he is a grown-up) today. He went to Yaya's house because there is no school this week. Eli didn't even go with him today because he is still sick and I wanted him to go to the doctor (who said that he just has a cold and there's nothing we can do for him). Simon was excited to go and when I picked him up he said he had a good day, although I'm not sure who he played with because there were no big kids there at all today. He was watching The Backyardigans with Pam when I got there to pick him up and he asked if we could stay until it was over. I said no because Jenna was waiting for us in the car, so he asked Pam to freeze it. She did and he said "you leave it freezed so that I can watch it tomorrow." She said ok, so hopefully she is prepared to let him watch it first thing in the morning because it's pretty likely that he will remember and ask.
This morning, Eli was playing in the exersaucer and he pulled off one of the toys by accident. He first looked so shocked and then SO proud of himself. He also loves the camera--as soon as I take it out, he gives me a huge smile.
After baths tonight, David and Simon tried to teach Eli how to stand up in his crib holding on to the side. He actually stayed up for a few seconds before forgetting that he doesn't know how to stand on his own, letting go and falling down. He also almost pulled himself up from a seated position all on his own. He couldn't quite get there, but he gets and A for effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment