



We started out having a great weekend, but then Eli and I both got sick last night. Poor guy was way worse off than I was--at least I didn't throw up, I just thought I was going to. It's a good thing we canceled our plans to go out because Eli woke up at 11:30 and threw up all over himself and his crib. I had to drag myself out of bed (I had gone to bed basically the second Shabbos was over) and change his sheets while David cleaned him up. I went back to sleep, but I think he threw up a couple more times before David went to bed. He threw up again this morning and then spent most of the day kvetching and sleeping. I spent the day pretty much the same way. Simon was a good sport and watched a lot of tv and David took him to BJ's and to my parents' construction zone.
When they got back, I started to feel a little bit better so I asked Simon if he wanted to play a game with me. First we played the leap frog twister game that he got for his birthday and then we decided to paint. Simon painted a few nice pictures and then took the green paint and spread it all over his arms and said "ok, I have my sunscream on and I'm ready to go in the pool!" He looked hilarious. I got him all cleaned up and he played the Wonder Pets game on the computer with David while I cleaned up the gigantic mess from the painting in the kitchen and got dinner ready. After dinner, David gave them baths and then gave them to me for bedtime. All was going smoothly until Eli had a huge temper tantrum and wouldn't stay in his crib and also wouldn't sit quietly in the chair to sing songs with Simon and me. I had to walk around with him, so while I did that, Simon entertained himself by taking 2 of Eli's diapers and putting them on himself like water wings and said "I'm going swimming now!" and then he flopped himself down on the floor and "swam" until I got Eli to go to sleep.
Before the sickies started, we had a very nice Shabbos. The Mishkins came over for lunch and Simon and Brookie played so well together. Neither of them would eat lunch, but they were playing well together unsupervised so we just let them so that we could eat. It was so nice out that we brought up the cushions for the outdoor furniture and had dessert outside. Charles and Jen came to pick up David for basketball and then the Mishkins left. Simon threw a huge fit because he wanted to go to the park too but we couldn't go because Eli was sleeping and David couldn't take him and play basketball. I promised Simon that we would go as soon as Eli woke up. This didn't console him much and he kept crying and crying so I kept offering all kinds of things that we could do. Finally, he turned off the tears and said in a very small and sniffly voice "I want you to build me a track. That will make me feel better." So we went into the den where he sat down in his spongebob chair, pointed to the mess of cars on the floor and said "first put those away so there is room for the track and then build it there for me. It will make me feel better." Bossy bossy. When Eli woke up, Simon immediately said it was time to go to the park. It had started to drizzle, so I said we couldn't go but Simon said "I will show you where are the raincoats." We made a big mistake and decided to go even though it was raining. Simon walked for a few minutes and then got in the stroller about 2 seconds before the massive monsoon downpour started. We were soaked and were deciding whether to turn around and go home when we saw David walking home with Ben, Gab and Harrison. We were freezing and soaking wet when we got home, well at least David and I were, the kids were snug and warm in their plastic-covered stroller.
No comments:
Post a Comment