




Eli has had a miserable couple of days-he is clearly teething because his hands are constantly in his mouth, he is drooling like crazy, he's VERY cranky and he has a fever and bad diaper rash. All the same things that happened to Simon when he was teething. Poor guy. Hopefully the teeth will come through and he will feel better soon.
In the meantime, we had a nice day on Friday. Simon went to school in the morning and Eli and I went to the Butcherie to "cook" for Shabbos. After we picked up Simon, Ducky came over for lunch and then both kids took long naps after lunch. When they got up, it was pretty nice out so we went to the park. It turned out that it was much colder than I thought it was so we only stayed at the park for about 15 minutes, but we had a fun time anyway. We were about to leave when Simon said "wait, I just want to do one hopscotch before we go." There isn't actually a hopscotch thing there, but there is a 4-square thing, which he thought was for hopscotch. He jumped from the 1 to the 2 to the 3 to the 4 and then said "ok, we can go now."
This morning Simon came upstairs when he woke up around 8. A very strong smell of pee followed him into the room. I asked him why he smelled like that and he said "I don't." Then I went to pick him up to bring him in my bed and he was soaking wet, so I asked him why he was all wet and he said "I spilled some soup." Something tells me soup would have smelled better. This was the first time he's ever had an accident at night--hopefully it's not going to be a new trend.
We didn't do much today. Simon played with Elan and Harrison this afternoon for a little while. When Harrison went home, we all went with them to see the work that they had done. Elan was very confused and kept calling it "Simon's house" because it is laid out exactly like ours. It's very cute at night sometimes before Harrison and Simon go to bed, they yell goodnight to each other out the window.
Ducky babysat tonight while we went to Charles' surprise birthday party so she had the pleasure of putting the monsters to bed. Hopefully tonight will be better than last night when we were all up a million times.
Simon has decided that he is afraid of the dark. Last night he had the following conversation with David:
Simon: I'm afraid of the dark. I need a nightlight. Can we go to the nightlight store?
David: Ok, where is the nightlight store?
Simon: I don't know where it is, but it is very big. It is bigger than Target.
Also, I think Simon's days as our shabbos goy are limited. This morning he asked me if I wanted to press a button on one of his toys to make it talk. I said no and he asked why. I said because I don't do that on Shabbos. He asked why and I said for the same reason that I don't turn on the light. He said "why do I turn on the light on Shabbos?" Oops!!
No comments:
Post a Comment