

This morning I somehow convinced David to get up early with Eli even though it was totally my turn to get up early and it was raining so his softball game was canceled so he really had no reason to wake up early. At 9, David came back upstairs and announced that he was going back to sleep and I could either get up or let Simon be in charge of Eli. I actually didn't think that was such a bad idea, but I got up anyway.
Shira called to see if we wanted to go to the Children's Museum with them. I put Eli for a nap, woke up David to tell him the plan and then Simon and I quickly got dressed and left for the museum. It just re-opened after a few months and lots of millions of dollars in renovations. Honestly, I didn't really see much difference, but supposedly it is bigger now. It really looked pretty much the same to me and was still fun so that is all that really matters. Simon and Elan had a great time playing with bubbles and in the playspace. Simon spent most of the time in the big car pretending that he was racing in the wheel of power (he got that from his Hot Wheels movie).
When we got home, we ate lunch and then I did a lot of laundry and helped David finish packing. Nothing like waiting until the last minute...his flight was at 6:20 and we dropped him at the airport at 5:00. The good part about cutting it so close was that they didn't have time to weigh his bags which were for sure overweight considering that one of them had a 14 pound stroller in it in addition to about 8 pairs of shoes and a million ziploc bags (which apparently you can't get in Israel). Hopefully Iberia won't lose the bags. Simon wanted to stay at the airport and watch David's plane take off but we didn't. We went home and Simon watched the Hot Wheels movie while Eli and I made dinner. I was calling for Simon to come to the kitchen when dinner was ready, but he didn't come and didn't answer me. I went to look for him and he was sound asleep on the couch. I woke him up and he ate dinner and then was very hyper since his catnap refreshed him. After the boys' bath, I put Eli to bed and Simon asked if he could stay up. I let him stay up until 8:30 and then I think he fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow despite his protestations that he wasn't tired and that he didn't want to go to sleep at all.
2 comments:
Glad you were able to get a billion Ziploc's before David left!
We got ziploc bags here!!!
Post a Comment