Friday, May 04, 2007

Yuck and Feeling Better








On Wednesday night, at 2am David and I both woke up to very bad sounds coming through the monitor. In a groggy state, David said "someone is throwing up." We stupidly sat there trying to figure out who it was when we heard crying and a very sad voice saying "I don't feel very good." And thus ended a quiet and peaceful night. We ended up having Simon sleep in our bed--which meant waking up every 1/2 hour or so for him to throw up. I only had to change our sheets once and the rest of the time we were successful at catching it in a towel. I'll spare you the rest of the details!
Thursday morning was more of the same until Simon feel asleep on the couch around 1. He woke up at 4 and said "I'm all better now" and he actually was. David came home a little bit early and he and Simon played outside on the porch while I went to the Butcherie and to pick up Eli from Yaya's. We ate dinner outside--Eli ate chicken soup and LOVED it. Simon had some too and then also had some barbecued chicken which made me a little nervous because of the throw up, but he was fine. Then they had baths and went to bed.
This morning, they woke up at 6:45 and for the first time in a long time Simon called for me and not David. When I went to get them, they were both in the crib. I love that--I think it's so cute that they play together.
After school, we came home for a quick lunch and then went to the park. The boys had a great time at the park. Simon made friends with 2 little girls, one of whom followed him everywhere and kept telling her mom "I want to go where that boy goes." Simon pretended to be me driving him (I played the part of him) to school. He told me that I had to hold his hand in the parking lot and that it was going to be a short day at school and he'd pick me up before lunch. Then he told me he was going home to do laundry and some cleaning up.
We stopped at 7-Eleven for slurpees on the way home and finished drinking them outside. Simon mocked me by saying when we finally made it home and I was very out of breath from pushing the double-stroller up the 3 steep hills to get home "phew, that was hard work!" Yeah, I'm sure it was really hard work for him to sit in the stroller!!

No comments: