Thursday, May 31, 2007

Pinkeye

Yesterday when I picked up Simon at school he was doing a puzzle. He asked me if I wanted to do it with him, so I said sure. He gave me a purple piece and said "you do this one because you like purple and I will do this green one because I like green." Then he picked up a green and pink striped piece--he considered it for a second and then said "we need to do this one together because I like green and you like pink."
At sports class, all of a sudden one kid announced that he had to pee. Then Simon said he had to pee too. Then all the kids said they had to pee. So Isaac, the teacher, took them all on a field trip to the bathroom. When they came back, Hillary and I told Isaac that he was very brave for taking them all. He said they all ran ahead of him and ran straight into the girls bathroom (because that is where they are used to going with their moms!). He tried to stop them but it was too late so he just went in there with them.
This morning, both kids woke up with gooey eyes. Simon couldn't open his and he said "help my eyes are locked!" We washed them off and he seemed fine. Eli's seemed a little bit worse but no more goo was coming out, so I took him to Yaya's house. She agreed with me that it didn't look like pinkeye. I went to Sara and Andrew's baby's bris and just as I was about to leave, I got a call from Yaya that Eli's eye was getting worse and she thought it was pinkeye so I had to pick him up. I had no choice but to take him to work with me because I couldn't stay home on my second to last day! He was pretty well behaved and slept for about an hour and then entertained himself and everyone else in the office. David picked him up at 2 and took him to the doctor and then Ducky stayed with him until I picked up Simon and we came home. On the way home, I told Simon that Ducky was here so he was very excited. As we pulled up to our house, he saw her car and he said to me "why did she bring her Jag?" I said I didn't know and he said "probably because she wanted to go very fast. Faster than her jeep goes."

No comments: