



Today's sport in Sports Class was lacrosse. I don't know why the teacher thought giving a bunch of 3 year olds lacrosse sticks was a good idea, but somehow he got all of them to listen to him and not hit each other with them. The teacher threw a bunch of balls around the gym and told the kids that they were candy and they had to pick them up with the lacrosse sticks and bring them to the appropriately colored hula hoop. He said they were sticky candy and demonstrated picking one up and pretending that it was stuck to his hand. Simon obviously took this to heart and I could not stop laughing as I watched him running around trying to pick up a ball with the stick and not being able to get it. He sort of looked around to see if the teacher was watching and then picked up a ball and then shook it as if it was stuck to his hand. So funny--I could have gotten it on video if only I hadn't dropped the camera and managed to break the zoom feature on it. Every time I try to zoom in, the whole thing turns off. If anyone wants to buy me a new camera for Mother's Day, feel free! Later tonight, when David asked Simon what sport he did today, Simon said "we played with the candy sticks." Surprisingly, David couldn't figure out what that meant!
After sports, we went to TJMaxx to pick up a few things, including Calvin Klein underwear for Simon because it was just too cute to resist (and only cost $3 for a package of 3). As we were walking away from the check-out counter, Simon turned to the guy behind us and said "hi." The guy said "hi." Simon said to me "is that my dad?" I was very embarrassed and loudly said "does that look like Dad to you??" lest anyone think that the poor kid doesn't know who his father is!!
Eli is becoming a big troublemaker. We never baby-proofed for Simon because he was never really interested in things that weren't toys and he listens well when we tell him not to touch things. Eli learned how to open the drawers in the bathroom (I should mention that they actually do have child locks on them that the people who lived here before left. Simon can't open them, but Eli figured out how!). He also spent about 5 minutes chewing on the computer cord before I noticed what he was doing. He looks very wide-eyed and innocent, but he is a devil inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment