Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sports Class







This morning Eli woke up at 5:30 and was clearly not going back to sleep. David brought him upstairs and gave him a bottle and Eli was asleep again in our bed by 6:45, at which point David got up showered and left. Next thing I knew it was a little after 8 and both boys were sleeping. We were very late for school and didn't leave the house until almost 9. That did not leave me a lot of time to do everything that I wanted to do this morning, but Eli ended up napping again from 10:30-11:45 so I did get some cleaning done, but still no packing which I really have to start.
We picked Simon up from school and rushed home to eat lunch and head off to sports class. Simon kept asking whether Andrew was going to meet us there and I kept reminding him that Andrew is in Disney World and that's why he wasn't in school either.
Simon had a great time at sports class again. This week's sport was football, so he was very happy. At the end of the class, they do a little cheer. I got it on video--if you turn up the volume maybe you can hear the teacher say "who do we cheer for? which football team?" and then Simon says "Simon!"

After class, we got a snack from the vending machine and sat and watched the people swimming in the pool. Then Simon decided it was time to go home. He said when we got home and Eli was taking a nap he was just going to sit on the couch and relax and watch some tv and then after his rest he was going to have breakfast. I corrected him and said dinner, but he was pretty adamant that he was going to have breakfast.
While he was relaxing, Ducky came over to say hi and she brought us a yummy ice cream surprise. When she left, Simon asked "are you going to leave the ice cream here?" I also asked him if he had fun when he went to see Ducky's house on Sunday and he said "yeah, Ducky's house is broken."
Shira had called to see if we wanted to meet them at the park for a picnic dinner. Eli woke up in time, so I asked Simon if he wanted to go and he said no. I think he was just so exhausted. He said he wanted to have a picnic here instead. I said ok, not realizing that he meant he wanted Elan to come here because when I told him dinner was ready and we were going to go outside, he said "is Elan here yet?" and then he cried when I explained that Elan wasn't coming and he said "actually, I do want to go to the park." It was too late at that point so he agreed to eat outside with Eli and me. We fed Eli little bits of Simon's chicken nuggets and he loved it. He is not particularly interested in baby food anymore--he also ate almost a whole bowl of vegetable noodle soup (just the soup part with a few little tiny bites of noodles).
After dinner, we brought David a glass of water (he had gotten home around 5:30 and went straight to bed--I think he has what Eli and I had) and then I gave the boys a bath and put them to bed. They were both asleep before 8--a new record for us, I think! Simon told me that it's ok if Eli cries in the night because he will just put his hands over his ears and his blanket over his head. Poor thing! Maybe I will get him earplugs...

No comments: