Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hockey




Apparently I now only post on Sports Class days...today they played hockey. Much like lacrosse, I thought this was asking for an injury, but the kids all did pretty well with it. After class, Simon asked for some ice cream. I got him an ice cream sandwich and told him that he could sit next to Andrew to eat it but that he had to make sure not to touch Andrew with it since he is allergic to dairy. Simon sat down next to him and said "don't worry, I won't let the ice cream touch you" and Andrew said "good because I am allergic to it." After they finished their snacks, they were standing by a drink machine patiently waiting for drinks to come out. They didn't seem to get it that nothing was going to come out without first putting in money. It took us forever to leave the JCC and as soon as we got outside, Andrew announced that he had to pee so then of course Simon insisted that he had to pee too, so we had to go back in and then it took forever to leave again.
When we finally left, I took the kids to the camera store to see if I could get the camera fixed (I couldn't because they said they'd send it out and it would take 6-8 weeks to come back and we are leaving in 4 weeks) and to get 10 passport pictures of each of us, which apparently we need for our visa and for all kinds of things that we'll need once we get to Israel. Unlike last time I took Simon for passport pictures and he had the biggest fit of his life, this time, he climbed right up on the stool and cooperated nicely. Eli was pretty good too--he had just woken up so he looks totally shocked in his picture. Simon really wanted to take a picture of him and Eli together, so the woman working there was very nice and took a picture and printed it out for him.
In the car, Simon couldn't see Eli in his carseat because of the way the handle was, so Simon said "Eli, where are you?" and then Eli leaned forward enough for Simon to see him and then they both cracked up. They did it a few times and it was hilarious. I love when they laugh with each other.
When we got home, Ducky came over and we played outside for a long time. Eli ate whole peas for the first time and loved them. Simon got to play photographer with Ducky's camera--he would say what or who he was going to take a picture of, then he would take it and then he'd say "I gotcha!"
David came home and brought pizza and Ducky left and Chucky and Jen came over for dinner. Eli ate pizza crust and loved it. Simon ate almost 2 whole pieces of pizza which is a lot for him. Then the boys had a bath and went to bed.

No comments: