





School is really taking up a lot of time! Between that and having Simon home all day, I haven't had much time for blogging. Let me try to recap the past few days.
On Monday, we had a pretty boring day. Simon and I went to the supermarket in the morning and Simon learned how to read the word "Mega" in Hebrew. That's the name of the supermarket and now everytime we pass it or a sign for it, Simon says "there is Mega!" Today we were in a different supermarket and suddenly Simon said to me "are we in Mega?" I said no and he pointed to something and said "well why does it say Mega there?" He was right--there was a poster with an ad for something that was sponsored by Mega.
In the afternoon, Marcia came and I went to school and got home at 10pm.
On Tuesday, I took both kids to Becky in the morning (she was SO nice and didn't charge me anything to have both of the kids there until 4) and I drove to Jerusalem to take the car to get fixed since I backed up into a wall a couple of weeks ago. I was very excited about my day alone in Jerusalem and I had a great time. Unfortunately, I didn't bring the camera. I dropped off the car around 8:30 and took a cab to the Old City. I went to the Kotel for the first time since we got here and then I walked around the Old City for about an hour until I got bored and hot (although it was WAY cooler than it is in Ra'anana). Then I walked to the King David and sat in the lobby and read my book for another hour and a half and then I walked to Ben Yehuda and did some shopping before I met Nommi (my friend from JCRC who was here for a few weeks) for lunch. We went to Cafe Rimon--that is where I was in 1995 when it was announced that Rabin had been assassinated. I don't think I'd been back there since then, but the food was pretty good. Before I met Nommi, the car place called that the car was ready, so right after lunch I headed back to pick up the car and then I came home.
I picked up the kids and then Mic and Ayla and their boys met us at our apartment (Simon always corrects me when I refer to our apartment as our house. He says "it's not a house. It's just a rapartment.") They had been in Tel Aviv so they stopped by on their way back up to the Golan. Simon and Shalem played very nicely together and then they sat very nicely next to each other on the couch and watched a movie. They also ate dinner together--I was making them noodles, but then Shalem said he wanted cheerios, so of course Simon had to have cheerios too. Amitz and Eli sort of played together too, but they mostly just took swipes at each other. And they both kept playing with the rock garden no matter how many times we told them not to!
David came home from work a bit early and he and Mic went out to pick up some chicken for dinner for the grown ups. We ate and hung out for a bit and then the Osbands left and we put the kids to bed.
Yesterday, there was a "happening" (a weird Israeli term for an event) in Park Ra'anana that I took the kids to. It was sponsored by a formula manufacturer, I think, so there were free samples of formula and diapers and lots of various things for kids to play on. We brought a picnic lunch of which Simon ate nothing and Eli ate an entire cheese and mayo sandwich. Simon got bored of waiting for Eli to finish, so we went to a play area and Simon ran around playing on everything while Eli just sat in one place finishing the last few bites of his sandwich.
When we got home, I put Eli on the floor in his room while I was putting the sheets on Simon's bed because I washed them. He went over to his crib, reached through the bars and pulled out both of his bears and his blanket. He made them all into a pile on the floor and then he lay down on top of them and closed his eyes. I took the hint and put him in for a nap! He was still sleeping when Marcia came and I went to school.
Today I took Simon to play in the castle at the mall while Eli was at daycare. We picked up Eli, had lunch and now both kids are napping. Boaz is coming over soon so I guess I will wake Simon if he doesn't wake up soon.
Simon has said a few really funny things lately including the other night he really wanted to play a Hot Wheels game on the computer, but it was time for bed. David said to him "we can't play because I don't know how to get the game on the computer." Simon gave a big sigh and said "you just go to www.hotwheels.com."
No comments:
Post a Comment