


David made it home uneventfully on Friday. We picked him up at the airport and the boys were very happy to see him. I think Eli was genuinely happy to see David and Simon was happy, but was more interested in the presents. We had a relaxing Friday night dinner eating take-out food that was pretty good and then on Shabbos we went to Vered's for lunch. Simon and Eli kept wanting to go to "their room" but Vered's grandson was sleeping there. After he got up, Eli kept crawling to the room and going over to the crib and crying because apparently he really wanted to go in! After lunch, we went home and we all napped for the rest of the afternoon.
After Shabbos, Marcia came to babysit and David and I went out for dinner with Abby and Jonny. We went to the super-fancy (by Israel standards--basically just means super-expensive because it's not like you have to get dressed up or anything to go there) restaurant at the top of the Azrieli Tower in Tel Aviv. The view was really nice, but the food was not worth the price except for the chocolate souffle for dessert.
On Sunday, Simon told me that he didn't want to go to sports class, but I told him that if he went then we could go to the park with Boaz after. He often says that he doesn't want to go but then he always has a good time. This time was no exception, as proven in this video:
Yesterday, Eli did something really smart and proved to me that he does actually understand me when I talk to him. In the car on the way home from Becky's, he yawned a million times and seemed really tired. When we got into our driveway, I turned around and said to him "Eli, do you want to have something to eat or do you want to go n'night?" He looked at me for a minute and then he put his head back in his carseat, turned it to the side and closed his eyes. Then he sat back up and smiled at me. Clearly, he was answering my question! I brought him inside and put him right to bed and he was still sleeping when I left for school.
No comments:
Post a Comment