
Quick recap of the weekend--David did his own mini-triathalon on Friday while I was at school and the kids were with Marcia. In the afternoon, we all napped and then had a nice Shabbat dinner together. On Saturday, we all went to shul together and got there in time for the children's service, which is really cute. Simon sang and danced with the other kids and then spent the rest of the time at shul running up and down the ramp that he loves. We went to Abby and Jonny's for lunch. It was very nice, but they live way on the other side of town and it was HOT walking there. Luckily they had their a/c up super high so we cooled off quickly. There was another couple there, Tamar and David, who we hadn't met yet and who were also really nice. Simon played pretty well with Jake, who is much younger than he is but has very cool toys. Eli just liked climbing up the stairs a million times. When we got home, it was after 5. Eli had fallen asleep, so David and Simon hung out and I took a very short nap. When I woke up around 6:30, David had put the kids in the tub and we switched places and he went to take a nap. His "nap" turned into going to sleep for the night so I got the kids to bed and then watched a movie and went to bed too.
Today, my freedom was restored. Last week, when Simon went to Becky's for one day, she told me that she was going to have another 3 year old boy for the rest of the summer so I decided to send Simon along with Eli every morning. Simon was thrilled to go there this morning and I enjoyed my free time although I spent most of it cleaning the apartment and doing laundry.
When I picked up the kids, Simon had a fit because he couldn't find his green sippy cup that he had brought with him. he said he really needed it to drink apple juice at home. Becky saved the day by letting him take home another green cup that she happened to have. Hopefully she will have found his cup and it will be waiting for him tomorrow! When we were walking to the car, we passed an orange car and Simon said "is that car dark red?" I said "no, it is orange." Apparently I don't pronounce that word to Simon's liking because he said "it's not AH-range, it is OR-ange."
We came home and had a quick lunch and Eli was super-cranky so he went right for a nap. Simon and I played Hot Wheels games (for a change) until Eli woke up. Then, I decided to be very brave and take both kids to the pool. Now I feel like an idiot for not doing this ever before because it was great! The pool is 5 minutes from here and there is a giant kids pool that is shaded and that is the perfect depth for Simon to feel totally comfortable walking and floating around with his wings. Eli went in his float and they both loved it. The best part of being at the pool was that we bumped into Simon's friend Avishai from Gan Frieda. They were SO excited to see each other. We had been about to go into the big pool when we saw him so luckily that diverted Simon's attention and he went back to the kids' pool and played with Avishai for another hour or so. They were really cute taking turns pushing each other in an inner tube. My camera doesn't zoom so this video isn't great, but trust me it was cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment