

Today is Ducky's birthday and we had a fun day to celebrate even though we are not with her. First, while the kids were at Becky's, I went to Ace to buy an air mattress since Mic and Ayla are staying with us this weekend and I don't think they want to sleep on the floor. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that the air mattress isn't the kind that you plug in and then it inflates itself. Apparently I was supposed to also buy an air pump, so now I have to go back to get that.
When I picked up the kids, Simon very proudly showed me the picture frame that he decorated with various types of pasta. He has done a project every day at Becky's and he is having such a good time there. We came home and Simon was very excited because his favorite episode of Backyardigans had finally finished downloading so he could watch it. There's something funny to me about a 3 year old saying "is it all done downloading yet?" Simon watched some shows and played while Eli napped and I did my homework.
When Eli woke up, we went to the pool to meet Andi and Ma'ayan and Tasha and Tamar and Shiri. It was actually a little bit chilly at the pool and the water was freezing, so we didn't stay in too long. When Simon had had enough he said "we need to go home now because it's cold. But first we have to get the ice cream." We got changed and then stopped to get our popsicles on the way out. Simon had a watermelon popsicle and Eli and I shared an ice cream sandwich. Of course, midway through Simon decided that he wanted to switch. While he was eating his watermelon popsicle he said "what is this green part called on a real watermelon again?" I said the "rind" and he said "oh yeah, the rind, that's right. We don't eat that part on a real watermelon."
After the kids ate dinner and had baths, Marcia came to babysit and David and I went out for dinner to Bistro 56 in Herzliya. It was SO good and I am so full that I might explode.
1 comment:
If you don't wear your contacts, and you look from a distance, Eli appears to be smiling or laughing.
Thanks for the photo and good wishes.
L&K, Ducky
Post a Comment