Sunday, August 05, 2007

Simon and Ayelet Sitting in a Tree...

On Thursday night we had to say goodbye to Ducky and Papu, which was very sad. I'm not sure whether Simon fully understood that they were leaving to go back to Boston or if he thought they were just going back to their hotel, but it wasn't until today that he asked if Ducky was coming over. I explained that she went back to Boston and that we will see her again soon. He said ok and didn't seem all that bothered by it--sorry, Ducky!
On Friday, I went to school and Eli went to Becky's and Simon hung out with Marcia and then with David. When I got home, we considered going to the water park that David found on his bike ride, but decided that we were too tired and probably didn't really have enough time to go anyway. Instead, I took Simon to the mall to play in the castle for a little bit and then we left to go to Modi'in to Judah and Karen's for Shabbat. We had a great time with them and ate way too much cake.
Ayelet has a huge crush on Simon and only wanted to be with him and she wanted him to do everything that she was doing. Eli had fun following them around too. On Saturday morning, Karen asked Ayelet what she dreamt about and she said "Simon!" We gave all 3 kids a bath together last night and then before Ayelet went to bed, she and Simon gave each other a huge hug and then he gave her a big wet kiss on the cheek. It was very sweet. I think Danya has some serious competition now! Simon has to decide whether his preference is the older woman or the younger woman:)
This morning, Simon and I were very busy while Eli was at daycare. First, we went to Ikea to get a storage cabinet for the living room and the entry way. We didn't get the one for the entry way because they didn't have the color that I wanted. Then we came back to Ra'anana and Simon got a haircut. He was very well behaved for it--it wasn't exactly like Snip It's, but there was a tv and the haircutter gave Simon a popsicle when he was done. After the haircut, I wanted felafel for lunch. Simon said he didn't want one, so I got just for me and we sat at a table outside with the felafel and Simon's popsicle and of course he ate most of the felafel! We walked around and went into a few stores to kill time before we had to go pick up Eli. Simon found the play area at McDonald's and really wanted to play there. I let him and hoped they wouldn't kick us out because we weren't getting any food. It seemed kind of dirty and gross to me, but Simon had fun.
After we picked up Eli, we came home and the kids ate some pizza and Eli drank an entire sippy cup of milk. It seems that it isn't that he can't/won't drink from a cup, it is just that he doesn't like water or juice but he was perfectly happy to drink milk from the cup. He's basically having half formula and half milk now--as soon as I use up all the formula I have left, he will be on just milk--that will probably coincide nicely with his first birthday on the 17th.
The kids are napping, but I'm going to have to wake them soon for Simon's sports class. I'm tempted to skip it if they are sleeping, but we didn't go last week so I think we should probably go.

No comments: